xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Advice On Modchips  (Read 142 times)

splodger15

• Archived User
Advice On Modchips
« on: August 12, 2009, 04:51:00 AM »

I'm toying with the idea of installing a modchip in my 360 , I really need a modchip that can play my backed up games as I've got a few scratched unreadable games.Any advice on a modchip that has what I'm looking for if not on how I can go about loading games without flashing my DVD drive as I don't have a main desktop computer to do this.

Thanks very much in advance

majinsoftware

• Archived User
Advice On Modchips
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 04:54:00 AM »

Well there arnt any modchips made that can do this, well none that are still up to date.

So best thing to do is flash your dvd firmware with a friends computer. Or pay some one to do it for you. You shouldnt be paying more then 20-30 dollars.

splodger15

• Archived User
Advice On Modchips
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 05:45:00 AM »

QUOTE(majinsoftware @ Aug 12 2009, 11:54 AM) *

Well there arnt any modchips made that can do this, well none that are still up to date.

So best thing to do is flash your dvd firmware with a friends computer. Or pay some one to do it for you. You shouldnt be paying more then 20-30 dollars.

Thanks for the advice on this , Most if not all my friends run Laptops lol is there anyway I can flash it using a Laptop that would be 20x easier

Thanks

majinsoftware

• Archived User
Advice On Modchips
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 05:52:00 AM »

Search, its been covered a few times how to use a laptop.

splodger15

• Archived User
Advice On Modchips
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 03:47:00 AM »

Alright I think I've got most of the info covered guys and think I can get the basic drift of it. One last question I have only a express card slot on my laptop a PCMCIA card won't fit. Is there a express card I can use instead.

My laptop is a Sony Vaio VGN FW11E

Thanks

xykoazshit

• Archived User
Advice On Modchips
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 09:03:00 AM »

Hey guys...

I've just bought a new 360 Elite, so don't want to risk losing my warranty with the iXtreme. But I do want to back up and play my games...

I recently heard that there's some new USB Mod to play backups, for which you don't need to open up the box. Just pop in the USB and it boots and updates your drive firmware.

Anyone know what its called and where I can get it?

Thanks

xYkO

xboxbman

• Archived User
Advice On Modchips
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2009, 09:13:00 AM »

QUOTE(xykoazshit @ Aug 20 2009, 11:03 AM) View Post

Hey guys...

I've just bought a new 360 Elite, so don't want to risk losing my warranty with the iXtreme. But I do want to back up and play my games...

I recently heard that there's some new USB Mod to play backups, for which you don't need to open up the box. Just pop in the USB and it boots and updates your drive firmware.

Anyone know what its called and where I can get it?

Thanks

xYkO

Whoever told you about it is lying.

xykoazshit

• Archived User
Advice On Modchips
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2009, 09:18:00 AM »

QUOTE(xboxbman @ Aug 20 2009, 04:13 PM) View Post

Whoever told you about it is lying.

Google for 360 Autoflash V4

letsmod

• Archived User
Advice On Modchips
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2009, 10:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(splodger15 @ Aug 13 2009, 02:47 AM) View Post

Alright I think I've got most of the info covered guys and think I can get the basic drift of it. One last question I have only a express card slot on my laptop a PCMCIA card won't fit. Is there a express card I can use instead.

My laptop is a Sony Vaio VGN FW11E

Thanks

you need an express card to pcmcia adapter, which I happen to sell on my web store

xboxbman

• Archived User
Advice On Modchips
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2009, 02:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(xykoazshit @ Aug 20 2009, 11:18 AM) *

Google for 360 Autoflash V4

I did, and everything I found kept mentioning DOS commands.  How do I enter DOS on the 360?

xykoazshit

• Archived User
Advice On Modchips
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2009, 07:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(xboxbman @ Aug 20 2009, 09:12 PM) View Post

I did, and everything I found kept mentioning DOS commands.  How do I enter DOS on the 360?

No offence but how are you a senior member if you don't know basic DOS commands?
Anyway from what I've found... basically there's a USB firmware upgrade...
Which lets you iXtreme your drive without opening it.

You could open it if you want or you could get a USB to SATA converter adapter...
Then run the Flash off the pen drive.. Voila..

Thats what my friend (who owns an Xbox Modding shop in London) told me. I've researched and found the software myself, just not the latest version for my drive... so I'm still looking...

Reminder: don't use google, use the "usual place" like the Bay and stuff wink.gif

majinsoftware

• Archived User
Advice On Modchips
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2009, 03:09:00 AM »

Well theres no such thing and never will.
Xbox 360 doesnt have the capability to write to the sata port or the usb to dump the firmware.
Also the xbox 360 doesnt have dos on it and no way will it boot it, its not a x86 cpu its a ppc cpu.

And your friends lieing, probly lieing about running a mod shop aswell. You probly just made him up imo so people dont think your the one that came up with the stupid idea.

-
Also the easyest way to flash with a laptop is.
Get dos flash on bootable usb stick.

open the back hdd pannel. remove hdd and plug in dvd drive temporally.

read firmware with dos flash.

plug hdd back in and boot to windows.

use jungle flasher to make custom firmware and save on usb stick.

turn off.

unplug hdd and plug dvd back in.

go back to dos and use dos flash to write the firmware.

*this wont work with liteon 7XXXX drive unless you have on-board serial tho, not serial usb drivers.*

-
Also what your mentioning  "360 Autoflash V4" it isnt for the xbox. Its for the PC and you still need to open xbox and remove the drive and plug it in.

All it does is automatically types the commands into dos flash. And it stuffs up more times then it works.

xboxbman

• Archived User
Advice On Modchips
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2009, 04:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(xykoazshit @ Aug 20 2009, 09:11 PM) View Post

No offence but how are you a senior member if you don't know basic DOS commands?
Anyway from what I've found... basically there's a USB firmware upgrade...
Which lets you iXtreme your drive without opening it.

You could open it if you want or you could get a USB to SATA converter adapter...
Then run the Flash off the pen drive.. Voila..

Thats what my friend (who owns an Xbox Modding shop in London) told me. I've researched and found the software myself, just not the latest version for my drive... so I'm still looking...

Reminder: don't use google, use the "usual place" like the Bay and stuff wink.gif

It was sarcasm, friend.  

I stand by my first statement.  Your friend is lying.  I know my stuff when it comes to modding.  Chances are whatever this software is you are talking about just preps a USB stick for you with the required files.