xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 7,835,492,352 Byte Isos Too Big To Convert To Nme Format? Please Help&  (Read 77 times)

HalfSpec

• Archived User

I have recently started running into a problem with backing up my games that I’ve never seen discussed on these boards. I have a Kreon Samsung drive that I use to make backups for the NME 1.2 chipped xbox. I have always used Xbox Backup Creator + NME Associat0r to create perfect backups, but the last 3 games I’ve tried to backup had trouble when I tried to convert them to be NME compatible. The games were Guitar hero 3, Call of duty 4, and Army of 2. Since I started running into the problem I’ve tried reading through the forums to find alternative methods of converting my ISOs to make them NME compatible. Unfortunately none of the methods have helped. Here’s a rundown of what I tried with Army of 2.

First I ripped ISO using Xbox Backup Creator 2.8 using the complete backup option. I checked the ISO size and it showed up as 7,835,492,352 bytes (same size as my COD4 and GH3 rips) After ripping the ISO I checked for ixtreme compatibility using image tools. Here’s a screenshot:

(IMG:http://www.halfspec.com/downloads/xbox/1.jpg)

I also checked for ixtreme compatibility using XDVDMulleter. Here’s a screenshot:

(IMG:http://www.halfspec.com/downloads/xbox/2.jpg)

When I try to convert the ISO using NME Associat0r, I rejected with the following message.

(IMG:http://www.halfspec.com/downloads/xbox/3.jpg)

I have learned from burning countless coasters that cleaning and patching again doesn’t work, so for the purposes of this story I’ll press no and continue to SSMerger.

After extracting the SS.bin, I load the ISO only to be greeted with this message:

(IMG:http://www.halfspec.com/downloads/xbox/4.jpg)

Then it gives the NME security sector md5:
The it gives a different current security sector md5:
Then I say no for calculating md5 sum.
I insert SS.bin and I’m left with this screen

(IMG:http://www.halfspec.com/downloads/xbox/5.jpg)

When I click “Merge and create layer break file” I get the following message:

(IMG:http://www.halfspec.com/downloads/xbox/6.jpg)

When I click Yes, the process continues. I end up with an iso that is 7,835,492,352 bytes (same size it was before I started with the conversion)
instead of 7,705,657,344 bytes which is what all my other working backups have been.

At this point I’m clueless as to what I should do next. I have all three of the games here and I can rip either one of them to my hard drive if someone have some suggestions as to how I might be able to fix my problem.

Any help is greatly appreciated (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Lane

FATGUTS

• Archived User
7,835,492,352 Byte Isos Too Big To Convert To Nme Format? Please Help&
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 05:42:00 PM »

Strange, they always say they are too large, yet i always just have it go thru with it and they work in the end, you're saying no luck tho?
i always use SS merge, it says file lenght is too large merge anyways, i hit yes
then pull up NME Associator and put the SS and the ISO on there, switch to the convert tab, Convert, says already patched do it anyways, i hit yes, and it converts, after you convert and you check the ISO with Mulleter whats it tellin you?

HalfSpec

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 06:14:00 PM »

FATGUTS: Yeah, I always end up with something other than 7,705,657,344 when I go through associator with an image that is 7,835,492,352 even if manually insert the ss.bin with SSmerge beforehand. I've never checked an image with Mulleter after an unsuccessful conversion. I might try it later, but its a pain to have to back up my iso just to currupt it sad.gif

I've actually made a little progress in the last few hours. I ran Army of 2 through mulleter's rebuild option and ended up with a slightly smaller ISO. ~ 7.6GB vs 7.8GB. After the conversion, Mulleter's ISO tools said the ISO was no longer ixtreme compatible, but I decided to try and run the iso through associator anyway. After extracting the ss.bin with SSmerge, I merged the iso and the ss.bin within associator. It actually converted it and I ended up with a 7,705,657,344 iso smile.gif

I haven't burned it yet, because my supply of DL DVDs has been extinguished, but I'm going to try the same trick on my COD4 iso and see if I can get a properly sized iso smile.gif

Lane

captianmo81

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 12:02:00 AM »

I can confirm that your method to get it down to size works.  I just did the same thing with a backup of Frontllines Fuels of War that was to large and now it is the correct size.  I have plenty of DVD DL disc so I will burn it here in a sec, but if for some reason it does not burn correctly, do not get discouraged because I have had nothing but trouble with my NME2 chip and have yet to have a game play, but still I will try it.

HalfSpec

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 12:43:00 AM »

captianmo81: Thanks man! It would be nice to know if it works for you. My DVDs come in later today (Thursday), so I'll be able to run the test myself pretty soon. I'll post my results smile.gif

Oh, I've actually got a NME 1.2. It seems to work pretty well when associator plays nice smile.gif

Lane

captianmo81

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 06:48:00 AM »

I burnt the image but it did not play, but like I said I have had no luck with anything yet.  Do I need to have a specific burner to make it work like a Pioneer 112D?  I hope so, I just ordered one and I am hoping that it solves my problems.

HalfSpec

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 09:39:00 AM »

Normally not. I use a BenQ DVD burner and its worked just fine up until now wink.gif

Lane

letsmod

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2008, 10:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(pedro_gaucho @ Mar 13 2008, 01:28 PM) *

afaik if you use ixtreme with stealth 100% checked discs you are absolutly free to play a backup online without getting banned. The bans ocurred when people weren´t using stealth discs. so proably ixtreme + stealth is already 100% protected but what NME do is keep the original firmware inside the machine, that´s why I´m thinking if it´s really better than ixtreme, but I have that question in my first post that could lead to NME detection.

using SS merger 1.7b PATCH IT ANYWAY that is the only way to get it to work,

follow my guide here

DO NOT USE NME ASSOCIATOR ON FILE SIZES LARGER THAN 7.05GB IT WILL CORRUPT IT !!!  IF YOUR GAME IS 7.29 GB (WHICH IS PROPER) USE AND ONLY USE SS MERGER TO CONVERT IT TO NME !!!!!!!!!!!

This post has been edited by letsmod: Mar 14 2008, 05:10 PM

HalfSpec

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2008, 02:00:00 PM »

letsmod

Thanks for the info. I'll try that after I finish burning my resized army of 2 iso (I started burning before I read your post). If it doesn't work I'll give your method a try.

Lane

HalfSpec

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2008, 03:11:00 PM »

letsmod: Well like you said the recompressed iso didn't work. However, after I walked it through the SSmerge process even when it said the iso was too big it worked! If you're still listening captianmo81 follow letsmod's guide. If you're still having trouble, try changing your media. I used to use Verbatims but now I'm using Ritek disks with great success smile.gif

Thanks you letsmod!

Lane

captianmo81

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2008, 09:52:00 PM »

Yeah I'm still listening and scanning hoping to find an answer smile.gif.  I did try his guide and I noticed that it said if the image was too big it did not matter, but I still had no luck following the guide.  I am going to remove the chip tomorrow and start over from square one, soldering the chip again, even though I am pretty sure that the chip is working becuase of the led center light turning off when a backup is inserted, but I guess you never know right?  I was going to just flash my 360's DVD drive but for some reason the stupid Xtreme Boot Maker program gives me errors when I go to create the bootable USB drive, so I said screw that idea because I could find no answers at all to why it was giving me an error, nor could I find another program to use that had detailed instructions or would even recognize the iXtreme 1.2 firmware I was going to use.  I'll tell you what, this modding the Xbox360 stuff aint no joke, I am usually pretty good at figuring out things like this and I have been stumped since day one.

letsmod

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2008, 06:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(captianmo81 @ Mar 14 2008, 09:28 PM) View Post

Yeah I'm still listening and scanning hoping to find an answer smile.gif.  I did try his guide and I noticed that it said if the image was too big it did not matter, but I still had no luck following the guide.  I am going to remove the chip tomorrow and start over from square one, soldering the chip again, even though I am pretty sure that the chip is working becuase of the led center light turning off when a backup is inserted, but I guess you never know right?  I was going to just flash my 360's DVD drive but for some reason the stupid Xtreme Boot Maker program gives me errors when I go to create the bootable USB drive, so I said screw that idea because I could find no answers at all to why it was giving me an error, nor could I find another program to use that had detailed instructions or would even recognize the iXtreme 1.2 firmware I was going to use.  I'll tell you what, this modding the Xbox360 stuff aint no joke, I am usually pretty good at figuring out things like this and I have been stumped since day one.

what burner make/model? media? speed your writting?

with NME this all matters

captianmo81

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2008, 08:25:00 PM »

I am using the Pioneer 112D burner and I have also used a Lite-on burner too.  I write at 2.4x speed on Verbatim DVD+R DL discs.

letsmod

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2008, 02:08:00 AM »

sent your burn to max!  I have over 100 personal backup all burned at max and never ever had an issue, I get more problem slowing the media down on my 112D, meaning it errors at the end

dikkehoi

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2008, 04:12:00 AM »

Hello,

Finally i found a topic with the problem i have with my nme. The ISO's on internet and my latest backups are mosty 7,835,492,352 bytes. Thats a wrong size for NME as you write in this topic.

Is there anyone who gets this ISO size converted to a working one? Letsmod's tutotial is based on a correct size ISO i suppose.

Thanks!

EDIT: Sorry, IT WORKS FINE biggrin.gif Thx to de tutorial of Letsmod. The ISO size was still .352 but i burned it anyway and it works with NME biggrin.gif:D:D (Y)