xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Nme V2 Problems Running Backups  (Read 107 times)

Rad_Rick

• Archived User
Nme V2 Problems Running Backups
« on: January 20, 2008, 09:22:00 PM »

I have been struggling with this for a couple of weeks now.  I have a newer Hitachi 79fl drive with a NME v2 mod chip installed.  I personally did not do the mod, but the guy who did it sent along a back up area51 blacksite on a prodata dl dvd, burnt with a Benq DW 1655 drive.   He told me that he also had a pioneer dl burner, but the backup did not work on my Xbox360.  

So here I was with one copy of a backup working.  So I set out to download some iso images off of newsgroups.  Once I got around 20 images downloaded, I started to use the associator software off the NME website to convert Xtreme images to NME ready images.

I started with my pioneer 112d dl burner, with a copy of COD4., used Clonecd, and it finished, put in xbox360 and nothing, I get unplayable disc error.

I then tried my LG dl burner and same results.

I then tried burning with imageburn, and same results with verbatim dl dvd+rs

I then bought an asus dl dvd burner, and same results with verbatims and both software.

I then bought an lite on dl burner, and same results with verbatims and both software.

I have read about adjusting the pot on the dvd drive, but not sure if I want to go that route.  

I have taken apart the drive and actually cleaned the laser with alcohol and qtips., and nothing.

I just don't understand why I am having these issues?  Has anyone else had these problems.  What does unplayable disc mean?  Any insight to this problem would be greatly appreciated.

I am planning on installing a passkey next week instead and flashing the drive.  I would rather not play with the firmware on the drive, but this gives me no choice, as I cannot figure out what is going on with this chip.
The chip must be installed correctly, because the game he sent along works, without errors.

I have however been able to burn a copy of COD4 that every 4-6 tries will fire up fine.  But out of the 20+ coasters I have made, only that one works.  So as you can see, this is way to expensive route, because every different thing I tried, I make a new coaster.  

Any ideas ?

Thanks

mafiafan123

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 03:22:00 AM »

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) Hey first watch what you say about backups just a little thought.

But as far as your backups, theres a certain way NME works follow the guide to burning them HERE

Hope this helps Cheers!  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pop.gif)

Also check the write mode your Burner is in also my friend has been getting good results on his 360 and NME with Memorex DVD+R DL 8.5GB 240Min (2.4X)

coppertop9

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 06:16:00 PM »

Rad_Rick -

Have you tried measuring and lowering the POT on the HitachiĀ“s drive laser?

Guide:
http://dwl.xbox-scene.com/tutorial/XBOX_36...1.0_by_Moda.pdf

sircum

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 12:22:00 PM »

I little question in this matter. When u patch them to nme format. What about games with a .dvd and then a lot of image files? I cant convert them+ Any help there?

ewde1

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2008, 10:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(sircum @ Jan 29 2008, 02:22 PM) *

I little question in this matter. When u patch them to nme format. What about games with a .dvd and then a lot of image files? I cant convert them+ Any help there?

use clonecd and load the iso file..ignore the .dvd portion
just a suggestion

gabe681

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 11:57:00 PM »

No piracy talk here.

"So I set out to download some iso images off of newsgroups."

I'm sure a mod will be closing this topic soon