xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Is Modchip Removable?  (Read 45 times)

football_legend

• Archived User
Is Modchip Removable?
« on: July 20, 2007, 11:56:00 AM »

After attaching a modchip, in the future can I remove it so I can play Live!?

LIVE Prophet

• Archived User
Is Modchip Removable?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 01:20:00 PM »

Yes, but wouldnt it just be easier to get either a Xeno-360 or NME-V1.2 which have the Network Off feature so that whenever you sign into Xbox Live and a backup is in, it will automatically disconnect you from the network.

Yea, i think thats just a little bit easier than opening your xbox 360 constantly to remove and reinstall the chip.

football_legend

• Archived User
Is Modchip Removable?
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 04:09:00 AM »

Thanks

LIVE Prophet

• Archived User
Is Modchip Removable?
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 03:07:00 PM »

No problem.  So have you decided what route you are going? If looking for a place with good prices, try www.foundmy.com  They have modchips and everything you need, and pretty quick shipping too!

football_legend

• Archived User
Is Modchip Removable?
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 08:43:00 AM »

I decided since I wont be playing Live! this year, I will keep my modchip intact. I just want one last confirmation, Once I remove the modchip later, my 360 will be fully..well..legalized and I can play Live! games without worry right?

Reaper527

• Archived User
Is Modchip Removable?
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2007, 09:08:00 AM »

QUOTE(football_legend @ Jul 27 2007, 10:43 AM) *

I decided since I wont be playing Live! this year, I will keep my modchip intact. I just want one last confirmation, Once I remove the modchip later, my 360 will be fully..well..legalized and I can play Live! games without worry right?

maybe. you always run a risk when you modify your console. if your worried about being banned, don't mod it. read the pinned threads and you'll be aware of the risks.

This post has been edited by Reaper527: Jul 27 2007, 04:09 PM

LIVE Prophet

• Archived User
Is Modchip Removable?
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2007, 11:01:00 AM »

It all depends.  If you install a modchip, chances are when you play backups it may be logged (into a memory unit) and once you sign into Xbox Live, even a year later, it will be uploaded to Microsoft, thus probably getting you banned.

So, honestly, the best way to not get banned is to get a second Xbox 360, transfer your data from your current memory unit to maybe something small like a memory card, and keep that safe and away from your modded console, and only go online with your unmodded console using that memory card.

football_legend

• Archived User
Is Modchip Removable?
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2007, 03:14:00 PM »

Thats....kinda expensive dont ya think?(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) So no one cna confirm it is safe to go Live! once u remove the chip?

LIVE Prophet

• Archived User
Is Modchip Removable?
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2007, 09:46:00 PM »

I did confirm it lol thats what I meant with my above post, you basically will get banned, its only a matter of time, just depends how quickly you get caught, but trust me, in days time you would get banned.  There are people here who got banned within hours...and some within days. See what I mean? its just a matter of time..