xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 360 Mod Like Original Xbox Mod  (Read 95 times)

LIVE Prophet

• Archived User
360 Mod Like Original Xbox Mod
« on: April 10, 2007, 09:49:00 AM »

I would get an original Xbox for the time being.  They are less than $100 on eBay, and even less if all you get is the console itself. (I saw one go for $50 with $10 shipping two weeks ago)

As for modding the 360 like the original Xbox, it probably won't happen for some time.  It is in development, and some teams are making good progress, but no products fit to sell are out yet.  

I have been watching the development of DVD2XBOX, as they have pictures of things such as alternate dashboards, and much larger hard drives already. (By the way, they are the real deal, because they created one of the best programs for modded Xbox's, just google them and check it out.)

zest

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 12:24:00 PM »

If m$ was smart they would give xbox360 divx/xvid support. Then many people would stop trying to mod them. On the other hand i guess that sales would increase if someone would accualy make a modchip for it. I do not realy understand the harm in it? I mean you can already play burnt games on it. I modchip like that on the original xbox would just let you run maybe differant dashboard, play xvid/divx etc. But they are affraid to loose control i guess.

LIVE Prophet

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 03:50:00 PM »

Sorry, I actually didn't know they were on dev kits...

So these pics have almost no corolation to retail 360's? (go to site below)

http://gallery.ws0.o...ls.php?album=21

ScrewinGates

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 04:20:00 PM »

im pretty sure those are pics of a retail unit....a retail xbox 1...i have the 360 skin on my dvd2xbox now.u can get it off team blackbolts site biggrin.gif

LIVE Prophet

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 07:07:00 PM »

Wow...I feel dumb now.  It seems I have drifted away from the mod scene for far too long....After modding my original Xbox to some of the highest standards, I guess I just didn't pay attention that much to new mods!