xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 5v Not Being Received?  (Read 75 times)

Pando

• Archived User
5v Not Being Received?
« on: March 16, 2007, 02:00:00 PM »

Hi,

I have installed the NME v1.2 on my Samsung drive. I have already removed the 470 coil because I was experiencing problems before. I got a backup of mine to boot fine once, but now it won't boot no matter what I try. I have resoldered everything and checked all points to my best capability with my multimeter to check for continuity.

How do I check if the board is getting voltage though? If I insert a backup and put my red probe on the 5v mark and black probe on the GND mark (on the NME chip), I don't see any voltage regardless of wether a backup or original is in. Am I doing that wrong or should I try finding another 5v point to solder to?

Thanks,

Pando

Pando

• Archived User
5v Not Being Received?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 02:56:00 PM »

Update. It is receiving the 5 volts. I tested all points with the 360 on for continuity and they all check out fine. I can still play originals, but can't play backups (get the white screen saying insert disc into a 360).

Pando

• Archived User
5v Not Being Received?
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 03:18:00 PM »

No edit button?

Ok,

Well, when I just had my board and modchip separate from the dvd drive (so the red lights were flashing), it would power the modchip with 5v.

Now, when I put in a backup disc, the modchip doesn't seem to recognize it because I am not getting any voltage reading on the modchip (again both probe tips on the modchip). I already removed the 470 coil, which was said to improve/solve this.

Anyone help?

Thanks,

Pando

ydgmms

• Archived User
5v Not Being Received?
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2007, 01:26:00 AM »

Did you add the LEDoff feature? the one that turns off the PowerLED if there is a backup inserted.
Did you remove the 470 coil and solder a wire between the two points where it used to be or did you just remove it and leave it alone?

If no to the 1st part, do the first part.
If no to the 2nd part, do the second part.

If yes to both... then ..... ..... ..... reinstall the chip completely?

*Ricey*

• Archived User
5v Not Being Received?
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2007, 08:42:00 AM »

QUOTE(ydgmms @ Mar 17 2007, 06:57 AM) *

Did you add the LEDoff feature? the one that turns off the PowerLED if there is a backup inserted.
Did you remove the 470 coil and solder a wire between the two points where it used to be or did you just remove it and leave it alone?
If no to the 1st part, do the first part.
If no to the 2nd part, do the second part.

If yes to both... then ..... ..... ..... reinstall the chip completely?

same here - played my backup once and then bingo nothing plays originals fine

removed 470 coil and place wire and it worked, might remove wire and try that, the connectivity meter says all is well with the wiring and the box is working just not with backups ive tried 5 and none work

its goes to read the disk and then the grey 360 screen appears

so wire is coming off and try that, has anyone had a chip go down ??

problems problems everywhere

LIVE Prophet

• Archived User
5v Not Being Received?
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2007, 12:22:00 PM »

Maybe you should try the updated "fix" that is on Team-Underdog's site?  They say to remove the 470 coil, bridge it with solder, then solder the 470 coil to the 5v point on the chip.  I assume then that you would solder your wire to the other end of the 470 and then from there to the 5v point on the your drive board.