xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: A Serious Globe 360 Question? Can Someone Help?  (Read 114 times)

NICKMO05

• Archived User
A Serious Globe 360 Question? Can Someone Help?
« on: September 08, 2006, 08:40:00 AM »

I AM NEW TO XBOX-SCENE (sorry bout the caps) and I was wondering about this globe 360 chip and here are my questions.  Anyone who helps me, just let me know how I can return the favor and I will do.

1.  I got my globe 360 chip with no wires to install so what type of wires should I use and how much wire will I need?

2.  Which is the best way to take apart your xbox?  So far I heard of 2 diffrent methods and I would like to know which one method is the most easiest and effective way to get it to work?

3.  How do I flash my chip and do I even have to flash it?  I have never dealt with firmware before so I am new to this as well.  I am not sure yet if I have a samsung or a hitachi drive so if so, please send me links or post information about both.

4.  I have read a lot of threads here, but I haven't found one that gives a step by step guide of how to install it.  I wish I could look at pictures and just know how to do it but I want to be 100% of the installation process.  Is there any step-by-step guide for installation of this chip.

5.  What is the best way to solder this chip?  I have heard of taking the board out and many other things, like a different way from the original soldering method so if I can shortcut it and it works just fine then I will do.

6.  Does anyone have a full detailed list of all the options of things that you can do with this chip as far as firmwares, settings, dashboards, flashing, etc?

7.  Can someone please tell me every single tool I will need for this installation?  I get confused with all the different tools I hear being used

8.  Last but not least, does this chip work good for anyone.  I have heard mixed reviews so I want to know should I go ahead and solder this baby or not?

Thank you guys and I have been on xbox.com for sometime now and they cant help me.  When I started reading posts here I knew right off the back that you guys would be able to help me.  Again if theres anyway I can return the favor just let me know.

NICKMO05

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 09:00:00 AM »

If anyone does not feel like answering every question then please help me out with at least one cause I am stomped.  I soldered my ps2 modchip but that was a 1,2,3 step process which was fairly easy.

NICKMO05

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 09:44:00 AM »

I see that there are 14 views but no answers.  can someone please just help me out because xbox.com just doesn't work for me.

opey420

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 10:02:00 AM »

QUOTE(NICKMO05 @ Sep 8 2006, 11:51 AM) View Post

I see that there are 14 views but no answers.  can someone please just help me out because xbox.com just doesn't work for me.

I hope you get these questions answered.. I have an original Xbox and modded it.. I would not buy a 360 until a mod chip came out for it... now that they are out.. my questions would be exactly the same!! I am very curious what info is out there!!!

Ben

NICKMO05

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2006, 10:27:00 AM »

hopefully these questions can be answered fully and this could be sticked for everyone who has questions about this modchip as well as others because the official globe 360 website just doesn't supply enough information which is sad, but at least they have a mod so I cant complain too much.  I am sure these questions will be answered soon by experts here.

lmeyer718

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2006, 07:57:00 PM »

well im gonna tell you right now your asking questions that im sure have been answered somewhere in this forum already. so im sure most wont answer. goto the globe 360 web site for install diagram. im sure all the points n amount of wires are in the pic. i know there not good pics but thats all you got for now. also you dont need to flash chip. its flashed. it might need to be updated later and u will need a sst programmer for that. before even installing chip make sure you order 2 things. a pioneer 111d burner n verbatim dvdr+r dl. cause your gonna have hard time booting anything even with chip installed. if u cant find install help send to new age console http://www.newagepsx...cc3f4d0d092a9fd
they will install for 55....

daghostmon

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2006, 08:37:00 PM »

You couldn't have read much because alot of info is about 15 posts down. go to toturial page on how to open x the box. Here are install pages

http://www.globe-360.../downloads.html

http://www.edgemicro...amsung_v1.1.jpg

NICKMO05

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2006, 12:37:00 PM »

I have received all the information from the globe 360 website, but me and many other people on the web are asking these same questions because their website doesnt relay enough info about thier chip.  The reason i asked all those questions is because I see the same questions all over the place and only few were answered but never in good detail.  please someone just take the moment to write up everything about this and we can sticky it as well as have this linked to many other sites for reference about the globe 360 chip.  i got a way better installation pic from another site.  it blew away globe360.com's pic easily.  that pic that they have on thier website is not the best looking pic in the bunch.  i am not trying to ask noob questions, i would just like to know these answers in full detail.   they still haven't been answered here in full either, not even one of my questions.  and all those questions are not in these forums so if they ar someone please point me to them.  thank you.

daghostmon

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2006, 09:31:00 PM »

Your right about the globe 360 website they should bo asshamed of that crap. I don't have time to make tut
but I can help. First this is a difficult install if you are a newbie pay someone to do it.

That said the chip works great everytime in my samsung. The chip comes already flashed and ready to go. However there are updates for it coming in the future and they are working on a programer to update it for around $20. I used 28 AWG size single strand wire because I had it laying around, but a little thinner wire maybe 32 AWG would have worked better. The wires must go out the back of the dvd case because there is no room for the chip to mount inside the dvd housing so each wire needs to be about 11" long and there are 33 wires (maybe 32 I forget). You will need a very fine tip solder iron, very thin solder, solder wick and what is most helpfull liquid solder flux. Flux makes your solder flow much easier and keeps the solder away from the other pins next to it. I melted all the expoxy away with a heat gun but a hair dryer might work. The board should be taken out it makes the job much easier. Hoped that helped some.

(IMG:http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/7807/tmp1561tj8.jpg)

(IMG:http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/1817/copyofimg02561gi3.jpg)

IMI_II_IK_IE

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2006, 12:12:00 PM »

and if you are gonna get it done by someone else, don't send it out.  I'm sure your local TV repair facility will be able to do the job in a few hours. Thats how I originally modded my PS2 with a NEOMOD about 6 years ago.

NICKMO05

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2006, 11:17:00 AM »

Thanks man, that helped so much.  Everyone else is acting like this information has been said already when it actually hasn't.  you could really make a tutorial but I understand how you feel and it is a little time consuming but it definitely helps out hundreds of people with the same problems.  I still have a few extra questions but I will check out the tv repair man first then after that it will be more questions asked here.  Do you know how much that would cost me?

daghostmon

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2006, 08:51:00 PM »

It seems the going rate for that mod is around $55. I would no way give it to a TV repair guy though, WTF does he know about an Xbox 360. Their are lots of people in the modding forum offering their services with good refs. I would try them before a Yocal Tv guy. You already know way more than he would. He wouldn't even know how to open it and they charge like $55 hr x 4 hrs plus parts. Theres a guy in this same post that says he knows someone who does mods maybe start there. If you need help I'll check back here every now and then. I also have more high res picts of the process I made up on my own because globes site was useless. But really if you don't have the supplies to install already it will cost more for the suplies than to pay someone to do it and theres less risk of damaging your box.

NICKMO05

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2006, 07:08:00 AM »

Well I have all the tools as well as my xbox 360 taken apart.  I am ready for the solder procedure and I have soldered before.  I just dont want to mess something up and cannot fix it.  I think I can do it though.  If there is any service that will install for 50 or less then i will send to them but i am very weary about people or companies i cant see or speak to cause I dont wanna be ripped off.  Thanks for the info though.  I see now that over 600 people have viewed this and a lot of people would agree about globe 360's website.  I would like to see those hi-res pics if you have them though.  the one up on the thread already helps a lot so any pics like that will surely make my job a lot easier.  how would I update my chip to play all the latest discs types or stuff like that?  cause i heard i may need a firmware update, is that true?

the chip looks beautiful though when i look at it.  cant wait to start using it.

Pojo

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2006, 11:46:00 AM »

"The wires must go out the back of the dvd case because there is no room for the chip to mount inside the dvd housing so each wire needs to be about 11" long and there are 33 wires (maybe 32 I forget). "

How did you thread the wires through the DVD case? Did you drill a hole in the top panel? Could you show a picture of that please? Thanks.