xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Dvd Chip For Xbox360?  (Read 241 times)

XBoxgeek

• Archived User
Dvd Chip For Xbox360?
« on: January 03, 2006, 12:00:00 PM »

Why post this twice? It is in the post below this one and the one below that  uhh.gif

modthebox.tk

• Archived User
Dvd Chip For Xbox360?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 12:01:00 PM »

Nice story.

Thcdamage

• Archived User
Dvd Chip For Xbox360?
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2006, 12:25:00 PM »

Sorry i didnt meen to post it twice.....

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
Dvd Chip For Xbox360?
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2006, 12:32:00 PM »

I skimmed over that so I might not have caught just everything. What I DID see was that there was a trick done with the firmware or laser or something that caused backups to read as originals. I guess beggers can't be choosers but I don't give a rat's ass about using backups. I want to run homebrew and from what I can see this doesn't really do much for that. The phrase "cracked the hypervisor" was used several times but it was used loosely and we might not be on the same page on exactly what that means. To me that means that unsigned code could be executed. To you it might mean faking something to look original so hypervisor runs it. I don't think that's actually "cracking" anything as it's actually doing its job as intended. Anyways anything is better than nothing. Keep up the good work and I feel bad for you if your idea was really ripped off.

azzi

• Archived User
Dvd Chip For Xbox360?
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2006, 01:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(Questioner @ Jan 3 2006, 10:41 PM) View Post

With the rate that my 360 is scratching disks, I want to be able to make my own backups.

Agreed !

I agree that even a simple device to enable backup copies to be ran and with no other functionality has to be the first step forward. If its via a 40 Wire Modchip with 10 broken traces, or a DVD media Hack I don't really care.

I'll worry about XBMC-360 and running homebrew from the HDD when its becomes close to the same functionality my 1st generation Xbox has. In the meantime ... We need to run Backups.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Dvd Chip For Xbox360?
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2006, 05:51:00 PM »

nice story, you read that to your kids before you tuck them in at night?

If it's true then good for you, but with things like this I'm from Missouri so SHOW ME.

This forum is for technical discussion of the xbox360, I don't see any technical details here, just someone spouting off a bed time story about how great their friends are. Anyone can talk up a storm. Tomorrow I can be "L0p3z" from "Team-Xcelsior" and have a crack for the hypervisor too... You didn't really give me anything that led me to believe any of this is true or that the people you talk about and things you've done actually exist.

If you have something technicaly helpful to the community at large, by all means post it, we'd like to encourage that. If you're here to drum up support for some "team" that hasn't done jack for the community, sorry but save your breath for cooling your porrage.

Come back when you have something worthwhile to show us.