xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Be Cautious  (Read 226 times)

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
Be Cautious
« on: December 30, 2005, 03:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(ModXTRA @ Dec 30 2005, 04:53 PM) View Post

Hello everybody, now i could be an asshole and keep all of this to myself. But xbox-scene has supplied so much information and prolly saved a few xboxes from me destroying them in ther past. Therefore I will tell the xbox-scene community the information I found out the other day. My cousin Pat is the chief marketing advisor for the Northeast region of the U.S.. Now don't get me wrong, him and I both modded the shit out of the old xbox's, but he forwarded to me some information about the new xbox360 that will definitely set you modmaking geniuses back a few. He claimed that if the bottom motherboard would be removed from the xbox, it would internally break a component, leaving the xbox useless. By saying "useless" i mean that when the xbox power is turned on, the screen is blank and the power button flashes green. *For the record, I have no idea if this information is correct BUT i will definitely not be the one to find out.
Just thought that if this info is correct, i should save a few of you from being unable to get a new xbox, at least until more of them come out.
Lata doods and good luck to those with the BALLS

I as well as many others have fully disassembled our 360's and put them back together to find that they come on and work perfectly fine. This was a hoax. Don't believe everything you read.

mirx999

• Archived User
Be Cautious
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005, 11:06:00 PM »

even if it was true, any component that could break off that easily would also be easily replaceable.