xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Is A Modchip Really Necessary?  (Read 1588 times)

polybus

• Archived User
Is A Modchip Really Necessary?
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2006, 08:33:00 AM »

QUOTE(blue45 @ Jan 26 2006, 01:10 AM) View Post

I for one think this is just very bad business, and i would think having a modchip would even want a person more to buy a 360. Maybe not all of the games that come with it, but it would for sure boost the console sales.

MS loses mad money on all console sales.  They have to regain it with game sales.

Anarchy99

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2006, 12:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(polybus @ Jan 26 2006, 04:40 PM) View Post

MS loses mad money on all console sales.  They have to regain it with game sales.

yes but if you only buy a console if it can be modded like me and many others you wont buy the 360
whither you buy one or not the one you would have bought is manufactured so even if its sold at a loss they gain money they wouldnt have so instead of being $600 or what ever these cost to make they are only loosing $150 or what have you now times that by a couple thousand consoles maybe even millions and thats a lot

modding helps consoles

i know i originally bought my xbox to pirate and i did
but id end up playing the for a weekend and throwing it away with a few fun exceptions
but i bought over a dozen games
and no i wouldnt have bought more if i couldn't mod cause like most real people im a cheap bastard who rationalizes living is more important then a game so id play what i have and maybe rent 1 or 2 a month more
truthfully i ended up using it as a media center mostly anyway and still do
il wait and see how the ps3 or revolution are but from the looks M$ lost my sale to them(good way to be #1 M$)

fandabidozi

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2006, 01:22:00 PM »

MS doesnt loose money on all console sales at all that was a low feeding press assumption by totaling up the price of the bits and the price of the premium... these people make the most used software in the world and now the biggest console in the world... i think they would have priced the components before they announced the price  huh.gif

They also only regain a minor percentage of game sales most of the dosh goes to the publisher and the developer....

If I had an idea for a movie and it got released I wouldnt sell it with a contract which said il have 10% and you can have the rest.. especially in the games industry which is now larger than the movie industry...

bdf24

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2006, 05:23:00 AM »

QUOTE(Anarchy99 @ Jan 27 2006, 01:36 PM) View Post

yes but if you only buy a console if it can be modded like me and many others you wont buy the 360
whither you buy one or not the one you would have bought is manufactured so even if its sold at a loss they gain money they wouldnt have so instead of being $600 or what ever these cost to make they are only loosing $150 or what have you now times that by a couple thousand consoles maybe even millions and thats a lot

modding helps consoles

i know i originally bought my xbox to pirate and i did
but id end up playing the for a weekend and throwing it away with a few fun exceptions
but i bought over a dozen games
and no i wouldnt have bought more if i couldn't mod cause like most real people im a cheap bastard who rationalizes living is more important then a game so id play what i have and maybe rent 1 or 2 a month more
truthfully i ended up using it as a media center mostly anyway and still do
il wait and see how the ps3 or revolution are but from the looks M$ lost my sale to them(good way to be #1 M$)

Sorry but modders make up a very small percentage of gamers buying consoles. Not nearly enough for MS to hold back sales to avoid a modchip or hack from being developed!

posiedon

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2006, 04:02:00 PM »

9 out of 10 i tell that i "mod" game consoles say "What does mod mean?"
so there are not that many prople in the game with us
although large forums like this are misleading, just remember that the members of this forum are spread out all over the world
and believe me we do not even make a scratch in ms pocket
ms may make strides to thin us out but all they do is make us more determined to break them
the x360 will be cracked, it is just going to take longer this time because some key players are no longer "officially" in the game. also this time we have tighter security to deal with, and all the dumbasses spamming the forum with fake modchips, videos, scams, repeat topics, and stupid ideas/questions.
WE WILL SUCCEED but when we do is anybodys guess

marauderrt10

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2006, 11:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(Neilinator99 @ Jan 16 2006, 09:39 PM) View Post

Wrong!!!! Issac Newton stated that for every action there is a equal and oppisite reaction  muhaha.gif
 pop.gif

Then some modder said for every saftey wall there is a bulldozer muhaha.gif
just give it some time go and enjoy xbox live untill the mod comes out

LOL what is this physics 101? Modding an xbox has nothing to do with Newtons Second law of motion LOL.

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2006, 07:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(marauderrt10 @ Jan 29 2006, 12:09 AM) View Post

LOL what is this physics 101? Modding an xbox has nothing to do with Newtons Second law of motion LOL.

i think the analogy hes trying to make is that the harder MS tries to make 360 unmoddable, the harder the modding community will try to mod it

of course that doesnt mean either camp will get anywhere

lostboyz

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2006, 06:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(fandabidozi @ Jan 27 2006, 02:29 PM) View Post

MS doesnt loose money on all console sales at all that was a low feeding press assumption by totaling up the price of the bits and the price of the premium... these people make the most used software in the world and now the biggest console in the world... i think they would have priced the components before they announced the price  huh.gif

They also only regain a minor percentage of game sales most of the dosh goes to the publisher and the developer....

If I had an idea for a movie and it got released I wouldnt sell it with a contract which said il have 10% and you can have the rest.. especially in the games industry which is now larger than the movie industry...

no they really do lose money on each system, they did on the last one too. the idea is to keep price down, get market share and make up losses with game and periphrial sales.

Maertz

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2006, 08:02:00 AM »

QUOTE(ModsINUtah @ Feb 2 2006, 07:58 AM) View Post

Your insane if you think the ovie industry is smaller than gaming, Gaming is coing up but NOWHERE EVEN close to movies

last i heard gaming was bigger......

bdf24

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2006, 02:50:00 PM »

Actually I think it's the gaming industry makes more money every year. Which doesn't really mean it's bigger. Think about it. What's a movie run, $15-$20. What's a new game run $40-$60. So they could sell more movies then games and still make less then the gaming industry.

And I Know I've read and heard several times that the gaming industry brings in more money.

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2006, 07:16:00 PM »

i think its that the gaming industry marks more sales than the box office take, but of course the box office is only one part of th emovie industries earnings

Peter Gibbons

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2006, 01:59:00 PM »

security holes??? not really..... this thing is like bulletproof.... but hey.... it is pretty cool that someone figured out how to run some pc apps with mce...

mksoftware

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2006, 06:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(Peter Gibbons @ Feb 5 2006, 10:06 PM) View Post

security holes??? not really..... this thing is like bulletproof.... but hey.... it is pretty cool that someone figured out how to run some pc apps with mce...

ROFL  biggrin.gif  jester.gif

vintage_guitar

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2006, 03:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(TheCybologist @ Feb 7 2006, 01:53 AM) View Post

but I download all of them first.

jester.gif,or should i find a picture of an eye patch, peg leg, and parrot to suit that quote?

bdf24

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2006, 04:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(TheCybologist @ Feb 7 2006, 12:53 AM) View Post

Same with DVD's hell i own over 400. over 3000 CD's but I download all of them first.

People are getting sued left and right by the record & Movie industry. You never know when you could be next. Is a couple of movies or music CD's worth getting sued for 60,000 or 70,000 thousand dollars?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6