xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Is A Modchip Really Necessary?  (Read 1586 times)

Neilinator99

• Archived User
Is A Modchip Really Necessary?
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2006, 07:36:00 PM »

hope so softmodding is just so easy and great o and u know whats funny new kids for modding who go through all that trouble with xbins and irc when they can just get it all right off of action replay itself under community saves
 biggrin.gif

nj12nets

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2006, 10:04:00 PM »

softmodding is a good technology but its too easy for lil kids to do it and cheat on live and fuk up modders trying to get on live.  id rather see a 20 wire modchip t hen a softmod to prevent the people that will fuck it up for the rest.

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2006, 10:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(nj12nets @ Jan 9 2006, 06:11 AM) View Post

softmodding is a good technology but its too easy for lil kids to do it and cheat on live and fuk up modders trying to get on live.  id rather see a 20 wire modchip t hen a softmod to prevent the people that will fuck it up for the rest.

softmodding has nothing to do with cheating on live.

also people should stop making it sound if they have a choice on how to mod their 360. It's not a xbox 1 with all these holes. The 360 console turns out very secure and if a flaw is found it's gonna be used for a long time. Will there be more flaws in the end? Probably. Is that gonna be soon? no.

thebucketmouse

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2006, 12:18:00 PM »

I think a chip would be nice, once you get it installed correctly it's a lot more forgiving in the ways of software. If you delete something you shouldn't have, you can still access the BIOS and fix your box.

Oh yeah, congrats to the staff for locking 66% of the threads on the Modchip dev main page biggrin.gif

Twan

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2006, 03:50:00 PM »

The risk is worth it.

First chips released are going to cost possibly $100. How much were the XBox 1 chips?

monkeychris

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2006, 07:58:00 AM »

QUOTE(Twan @ Jan 10 2006, 10:57 PM) View Post

The risk is worth it.

First chips released are going to cost possibly $100. How much were the XBox 1 chips?

Superfro ripped 'that' bios, then I picked up my enigmahX beta for about £15 ($30 ish)

This did me fine for a few weeks then swapped it for the final (£20, but actually £5 cus got an exchange)

Finally when games started not running 'cus of this (when retails detected the mod.) I just flashed the TSOP

If the first solutions are some PIC chip or something basic like that and people charge loads, it's just incentive for a rival team / person to take apart the chip and release whatever software is on it over the net.

If its a BIOS based solution, then realistically teams aren't gonna be able to commercially release the BIOS; soo it will leave the market open for competetion; so don't expect prices to be high for long.

ColdReader

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2006, 08:00:00 AM »

this topic is really pointless it should be closed.

deakphreak

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2006, 08:36:00 AM »

Well ive never used xbox live on my old xbox so i modded the crap out of that thing.  With my 360 ive gotten into the whole xbox live thing because of that smart tactics of giving you a free month!! lol but anyway if there is a chip that comes out or whatever then im gonna try and get another xbox.  One will be mine and one will be my wifes and mine will prolly be modded or something.  Im wondering how it would work out with the gamerid's though if id be able to use my same name on both xbox's just fine or just have 2 diff accounts.

ColdReader

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2006, 04:39:00 PM »

if someone got a hold of a debug box and the XeXDK it would be a good start...i cant remember how the original XDK got leaked but what good is modding the 360 if we dont have the development tools for it? useless cause all we can run is backups and with a modified BIOS we'd have no flexibilty because hey look if we want to do anything we have to do it in the bios which the only fun thing i can think of is change the default led colors and fan speed and region and blah blah so think about this what good is a modchip if we cant create homebrew software and all you people who want XBMC it's not going to get ported or certified as a B/C without a dev kit so go wonder

Neilinator99

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2006, 07:32:00 PM »

Wrong!!!! Issac Newton stated that for every action there is a equal and oppisite reaction  muhaha.gif

pop.gif

Then some modder said for every saftey wall there is a bulldozer muhaha.gif

just give it some time go and enjoy xbox live untill the mod comes out

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2006, 10:07:00 PM »

QUOTE(ColdReader @ Jan 14 2006, 06:46 PM) View Post

if someone got a hold of a debug box and the XeXDK it would be a good start...i cant remember how the original XDK got leaked but what good is modding the 360 if we dont have the development tools for it? useless cause all we can run is backups and with a modified BIOS we'd have no flexibilty because hey look if we want to do anything we have to do it in the bios which the only fun thing i can think of is change the default led colors and fan speed and region and blah blah so think about this what good is a modchip if we cant create homebrew software and all you people who want XBMC it's not going to get ported or certified as a B/C without a dev kit so go wonder

thats a possibility, but at the same time, i kind of feel that the scene would develop its own XeXDK just like what was done for ps2/gc/psp development (i belive these where done with scene made libraries, correct me if i'm wrong). i think that openXDK would be much more advanced if the regular MS XDK wasn't available.

Drunkn_Munky

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2006, 10:05:00 AM »

How about we cross that bridge when we get to it? For the moment, less concetrate on getting to know everything we can about the 360 so we can start looking for flaws.

ColdReader

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2006, 12:50:00 PM »

it's not even worth finding flaws is you cant utilize them with development tools we should procure a dev kit and the software then find flaws >_>

blue45

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2006, 05:03:00 PM »

I think that the reason for the sluggish making of the mod chip for the 360 is simply because of MS being slow to dish out the 360's. They are doing this on purpose to show that they can have some say in whether or not a mod chip is dealt out, and one way is to just slowly dish the xbox 360's to the newbie public. I for one think this is just very bad business, and i would think having a modchip would even want a person more to buy a 360. Maybe not all of the games that come with it, but it would for sure boost the console sales. Alright well people keep up the good work, hope to see some technology that would let someone load a backup of a 360 game. I know im not going to buy a 360 untill probably around the spring time, by then hopefully there will be a first generation modchip or some software hack for the xbox 360!. Of course there will also be the benefit of better games and maybe also a decision needed to be made on how much better the xbox 360 will compare to the ps3 and nintendo revolution. Peace out, give some good responses!

oh how are you doing blue45?

im doing good thanks

im doing good thanks

mikedavis2838

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2006, 04:39:00 AM »

whats with all the dumbass people who think MS is purposly holding back 360's let alone because of the modding scene. i mean seriously, i highly doubt modchips even have a measerable effect on console sales. The shortage is not helping MS in anyway, its hurting them much more than a modchip ever could.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6