xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Spong: First Xbox 360 Modchip 'Within Weeks' ?  (Read 2135 times)

prankfurter

• Archived User
Spong: First Xbox 360 Modchip 'Within Weeks' ?
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2005, 02:35:00 PM »

like has been said before in this thread. Its from spong. I will belive it when an actual team releases some concrete info...

MicroMods

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2005, 03:14:00 PM »

Yeah I call BS on this.

Time will tell.

ksteiner

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2005, 02:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(caster420 @ Dec 20 2005, 10:25 PM) View Post

Whoever wrote that article needs to work on their english or atleast proof read a little.  

Like most, i'll believe it when i see it.  Spong is crap anyways, so only time will tell.

Caster.

Same here.... Well hope this aint BS

Avenger 2.0

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2005, 03:16:00 PM »

I think this is fake. The only way it could be possible this soon, is if there was a major leak within MS. But I'm still about 99% sure this if fake. There are just a lot of people that want to get free advertising making up lies.

This post has been edited by Avenger 2.0: Dec 20 2005, 11:22 PM

Supplicium

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2005, 03:18:00 PM »

"If it weren't for the fact that DVD is used, it's likely that further development wouldn't have been worth anyone's time."

SO true.

Ken_D

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2005, 02:46:00 PM »

When (if?) a proper modchip for the 360 becomes available, I hope it won't result in a bunch of early-adaptors losing their Live accounts. Having only just started using XBox Live since buying a 360, I'm loving it, and gaming without it wouldn't be the same now  happy.gif

TBH, if I could get the 360 to do everything XBMC does on a chipped original XBox, I could live without the ability to play "backups" if it meant risking my Live account.

Magiske

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2005, 03:23:00 PM »

Heard that team xecuter had somthing in the pipeline a week ago. But just though it was fake news.
(A guy who knew a guy who knew someone !)
But then again,belive it when we se it..

This post has been edited by Magiske: Dec 20 2005, 11:24 PM

ybaig123

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2005, 02:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(Ken_D @ Dec 20 2005, 09:53 PM) View Post

When (if?) a proper modchip for the 360 becomes available, I hope it won't result in a bunch of early-adaptors losing their Live accounts. Having only just started using XBox Live since buying a 360, I'm loving it, and gaming without it wouldn't be the same now  happy.gif

TBH, if I could get the 360 to do everything XBMC does on a chipped original XBox, I could live without the ability to play "backups" if it meant risking my Live account.

yeah xbox live is the shiznit...so a working modchip will mandate a second 360  ph34r.gif

devguy

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2005, 03:30:00 PM »

"If it weren't for the fact that DVD is used, it's likely that further development wouldn't have been worth anyone's time."

That's exactly what I said.  If they had gone with HD-DVD, then for the time being, there wouldn't be any disc ripping because of the lack of HD-DVD rippers.  And when they are created, very few would be desperate enough to download 15-30 gb image files and store those kinds of things on the HDD.

With regular DVD, they don't have a new technology and as soon as the 360 is cracked, all the DVD tools we have now can be used.

So, because of the lack of space as well as the wide availibility of dvd ripping software, I believe MS made a mistake here.

CCMCornell

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2005, 03:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(Skyblast @ Dec 20 2005, 09:44 PM) *

Wow. That fact that even that much progress has been made is amazing. I'm no engineer, but in college I did have some electronics classes where we would watch data pass through on the circuit boards through an oscilloscope, and it was fairly complex for me. I can't begin to imagine bypassing all the encryption and such the 360 uses. Kudos to whatever team has gotten that far.

Ditto: I'm still amazed by the full bit adder.  Hell, the half-adder.

Lamer123

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2005, 03:33:00 PM »

Show Me A Video

Not some random speculation . Yeah we all know that Mod-chips have become big bizz , and that their is a lot of money being dropped into it . I don't need some guy telling me this again . Thank you for your theories .

longshot_swedude

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2005, 03:14:00 PM »

And so it begins.... The clonewars!

-Yoda

Wonder what the first clone chip will be called  grr.gif

gehx

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2005, 03:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(devguy @ Dec 20 2005, 05:01 PM) View Post

And when they are created, very few would be desperate enough to download 15-30 gb image files and store those kinds of things on the HDD.

I doubt that, people all already downloading them & storing them for when a working mod chip comes out that'll pay backups.  Chk http://newzbin.com, you can read the comments from users there on each 360 release.

mksoftware

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2005, 03:22:00 PM »

Enigmah360 anyone?

Would be fun to see the first mod in a month, but to be honest.... this is highly unlikely. MS didn't just coded a simple "easy to crack" type of protection in it. Just wait and see what happens....

It's just waiting..... and waiting, and waiting!

I don't expect a modchip so early.

Altima NEO

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2005, 03:24:00 PM »

Im probably gonna wait for a later gen modchip, as well as a later gen 360

if MS was smart, theyll be able to break modchip support by updating the hardware (much like sony does) or possibly softwar
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9