xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 1st Chipped X360?  (Read 565 times)

deadparrot

• Archived User
1st Chipped X360?
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2005, 11:24:00 AM »

QUOTE(dstealth @ Dec 17 2005, 05:58 PM) View Post

Quote from dangerzone50 off the llamma forums: "and the console no longer works as a game system it is just a computer
and we have no real tutorial because we were tinkering
the console had crashed and dugan said the bios was shot we we started messing around with it
we were not planing on this (we were drunk why else would we try this) it just happened
anyway our chipset is not worth mentioning because there is no way to return it to the stock setup(like the xbox modchips)
but from what i rember there was no way to bypass the stock eprom chip because it was inbedded in the cpu
so replacing the cpu was the only way we could do it
i think there maybe a way to keep the stock chip though
and as i said we only removed the old one cause it was fried "

Well I've sent a message to this guy asking him if he would send some pictures. Surely he has gotten hold of a camera by now. Even if the Xenon360 is just a computer running on a steady eject light and a re-written bios without an OS it is still the best so far.

First of all, this is old and he has been proven an idiot who knows some acronyms.

Secondly, the EEProm is not embedded in the CPU, but rather next to it.  Also, it has no significant importance, as proved in other topics.  It certainly has nothing to do with security.

lordvader129

• Archived User
1st Chipped X360?
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2005, 07:29:00 PM »

i think this thread has pretty much run its course
Pages: 1 [2]