xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Possible Tsop Hole..  (Read 946 times)

chedabob

• Archived User
Possible Tsop Hole..
« on: November 24, 2005, 07:09:00 AM »

wait and see if bunny makes a module for extracting the tsop. then hopefully, itll be cracked, reflashed and people can play backups. easy. in theory.

G0t M4xx 21

• Archived User
Possible Tsop Hole..
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2005, 09:15:00 AM »

extracting the tsop's contents is not the problem, anybody can do that. The problem is finding the key to decrypt this data. On the Xbox 1 bunnie found it hidden inside the mcpx (there was a decoy boot block on the tsop that was overwritten by the real boot block in the mcpx), which decrypted the bootloader, which decrypted the kernel itself.

Now a similar approach could be taken on the xbox 360 (snooping the data busses on startup), but I imagine M$ has learned from their mistakes and this will be more difficult.

kris5487

• Archived User
Possible Tsop Hole..
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2005, 10:10:00 AM »

QUOTE(chedabob @ Nov 24 2005, 03:16 PM)
wait and see if bunny makes a module for extracting the tsop. then hopefully, itll be cracked, reflashed and people can play backups. easy. in theory.

Tommy

• Archived User
Possible Tsop Hole..
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2005, 11:56:00 AM »

QUOTE(lukecalypso @ Nov 24 2005, 02:44 PM)
Reading the datasheet of the TSOP mounted on the 360 I have noticed a  very interesting functionality connected to pin PRE (38 Power On Read Enable), if M$ has used, it allows the automatic reading of the first page of the TSOP during the boot sequence, now if we disconnect that pin it jams the sequence of boot and it could be executeed other  code present  on an opportunely programmed  eeprom... remains to discover  what contains in truth this chip, but I am much seen confidente the patch that they already turn and that they sure go to write something...

lukecalypso

• Archived User
Possible Tsop Hole..
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2005, 01:15:00 PM »

Yeah, i am...  smile.gif

i didn't know who bunny was... AMAZING he is a crazy genius !!!
i read some projects on his blog...SIMPLY INCREDIBLE!!
i hope he 'd like to hack x360 cause with him it 'll be a joke...

LukeZ

ClintiePoo

• Archived User
Possible Tsop Hole..
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2005, 01:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(lukecalypso @ Nov 24 2005, 03:22 PM)
Yeah, i am...  smile.gif

crosseye

• Archived User
Possible Tsop Hole..
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2005, 03:44:00 PM »

well, bad news for you guys, he's already said he has no interest in messing with the 360. Without him, there would have been a hell of a time with the xbox, so it's time for someone else to step up.

lordvader129

• Archived User
Possible Tsop Hole..
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2005, 04:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(crosseye @ Nov 24 2005, 03:51 PM)
well, bad news for you guys, he's already said he has no interest in messing with the 360. Without him, there would have been a hell of a time with the xbox, so it's time for someone else to step up.

quant1c0n

• Archived User
Possible Tsop Hole..
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2005, 04:31:00 AM »

I think in the future mod chips for all sorts of devices will be used for many different applications, not just gaming. The more reverse enginering of all products, the better for Technology & the market of products we buy!  We live in exciting times,if you look at the last ten years where computers have taken us!! Now the next ten will be computers realy helping us design the code & pcb's & quantum bits will take us to the stars. Even if the 360 is a pain in the ass 2 crack i welcome the challenge, & have many other ideas of mods i want to tackle..................................peace muhaha.gif

1nick9

• Archived User
Possible Tsop Hole..
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2005, 09:38:00 PM »

i find it funny that everytime something happens xbox wise  every1 looks to bunnie, not to say hes not a  mad hacker or that but there is other pplz out there. just cuz bunnie isnt doin it doesnt mean that there is no hope tongue.gif tho it would help wink.gif

cheers beerchug.gif

ps. wow forum upgrades, cool!

modthebox.tk

• Archived User
Possible Tsop Hole..
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2005, 09:22:00 AM »

I really hope that bunnie will be able to help out in the mod scene for X360. He knows this stuff down to the core. I know plenty of people can do it but it will take more time. Hopefully as vintage guitar said that him not getting the x360 is the only set back hopefully unsure.gif .

lordvader129

• Archived User
Possible Tsop Hole..
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2005, 11:37:00 AM »

QUOTE(vintage_guitar @ Nov 27 2005, 12:34 AM) View Post

And what makes you think he's out? Other than temporarily due to the fact that he couldn't get his hands on one?
http://bunniestudios.com/blog/

hes said several times in his blog he has no intention of hacking 360, its always possible for him to change his mind though, but he seems confident the others in the mod scene are more than enough to replace him, lol

dom0012

• Archived User
Possible Tsop Hole..
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2005, 10:49:00 PM »

so the code is already inside the 360 to decrypt the data? Basically someone just has to find the code? Isnt it near the processor's?

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
Possible Tsop Hole..
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2005, 06:20:00 PM »

bunnie Says:

November 28th, 2005 at 12:50 pm
As far as I know, I am a free agent with respect to the xbox360, although I’m sure there are elements that would rather that not be the case.

And no, I have no access to nor posession of any confidential information on the Xbox360, nor do I desire such information–that kind of information would be nothing but trouble for me. I know as much as (if not less than) the rest of you do, as I have not touched the hardware myself yet. And, I am quite happy to read about everyone’s adventures hacking the Xbox360 on the web and in the channels; I’ve got a ton of projects going on right now, and some personal issues too (like a pesky, psycho cheatin’ ex-girlfriend that thinks she’s entitled to half my assets and won’t leave me alone–she’s filed a lawsuit, and it’s not about hacking, my friends. It’s all about greed and pathetic faux-melodrama).

Maybe somebody will satisfy my curiosity about the console before I even get a chance to buy one!

His statment: "although I’m sure there are elements that would rather that not be the case" means that he is conscious of the eyes that will be watching him that are not looking on in the same respect as us. Bunnie will be fine just as he was last time because all he does is figure out how the system works. He figures out what makes it tick. If you notice with the original xbox there was nowhere that he actually modified the code to make the console do what he wanted. The only thing he did that was illegal was post the tsop contents online. He immediately complied as his intent was not to break the law but merely break the console's security for the sake of doing it. I honestly don't think Bunnie gives a crap about homebrew code, emulators, and especially not stealing games. He's just doing it to see if he can. It's an entirely new situation this time around. We didn't know him last time. There was no pressure and nobody knew he was doing it. He did it and published the information. There's nothing we as a scene can do except make it easy on him and hope he takes the challenge on. When I say make it easy I mean get him the console and leave him the hell alone.

D33z

• Archived User
Possible Tsop Hole..
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2005, 09:27:00 AM »

for that matter, even if he does tinker and find it, what makes ppl think that he'll post his findings on the web this time. I agree, I think he does it for his own gratification, not for others to exploit his findings. So, I think that even if he does find it, it won't be a widespread awakening like last time. It will probably show up slowly in third party vendors.
Pages: [1] 2 3