xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Fceultra V6  (Read 265 times)

pdowg881

• Archived User
Fceultra V6
« on: March 11, 2007, 09:45:00 PM »

I downloaded it and it worked fine, but out of nowhere the smb2 background and music no longer come up and the background is black. I deleted and reinstalled it, but it didn't fix it. What can I do?

althena

• Archived User
Fceultra V6
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 11:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(pdowg881 @ Mar 12 2007, 04:52 AM) View Post

I downloaded it and it worked fine, but out of nowhere the smb2 background and music no longer come up and the background is black. I deleted and reinstalled it, but it didn't fix it. What can I do?

You use FCEUltra version 6? As you might see by the time of the last post before you, this version is a little outdated and also the FCEUltra project has been replaced by the MednafenX-NES emulator, so I suggest you switch to that one.
If a skin does not show up correctly, it should help to look in E/SAVES for the emulator you are using and in that folder delete the skin_settings.ini file.

Thraxen

• Archived User
Fceultra V6
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007, 11:39:00 PM »

Just to add to what althena said... read 'The Great Xbox Emulation Answer Thread' pinned at the top.  It links to a Best Emulators thread which will show you the current version of each of the best emulators.

XPort

• Archived User
Fceultra V6
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2003, 07:43:00 PM »

FCEUltraX - NES/Famicom Emulator for XBox v6

What's New :
- Fixed periodic sound hiccup
- Fixed sound for people running in 50hz mode while trying to play 60hz games
- New Skin options :
   + Add sprites to the loading menu
   + Specify amount of time to delay on loading screen to see animation

Vegeta

• Archived User
Fceultra V6
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2003, 07:16:00 PM »

Thanks Xport!! beerchug.gif

Dante_Ali

• Archived User
Fceultra V6
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2003, 07:48:00 PM »

At last, a break from all the long-in-the-tooth Kawaks-X moral discussions.

Thanks very much for the sound fix Xport. I really appreciate it.

kdoggg710

• Archived User
Fceultra V6
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2003, 07:40:00 PM »

Wow...3 versions in less than a week.  Now that is what I call FAST development.

Great job XPORT!!! beerchug.gif

Shafted!

• Archived User
Fceultra V6
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2003, 08:31:00 PM »

Xport:

Thanks for the new release.

However, the FPS display is on by default - is there any way to turn that off? I tried looking through the configuration menu and the ini file, but i couldn't find anything.

Thanks again,

S!

sck

• Archived User
Fceultra V6
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2003, 08:09:00 PM »

Yep, sound no longer skips. I can't seem to find the configuration for the FPS option either. Also I did have another question, if we don't use SMB sharing, should the line in the ini be blank or leave it as it is default. I noticed that every time I upgrade Fceultra, it always locks up on the first boot. I thought it might be looking for samba shares and not finding it properly. Anyways, thanks for the quick fix.

This post has been edited by sck: Jul 29 2003, 03:24 AM

Koitsu

• Archived User
Fceultra V6
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2003, 08:40:00 PM »

ah have asked an' indeed ah have received. glory be.

Terrorbyte

• Archived User
Fceultra V6
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2003, 09:03:00 PM »

Are the "slowness" issues fixed in v6?  Notice some serious slowdowns on the Megaman series NES games, especially Megaman 3 on some of the later levels.  

Otherwise, UltraFCE is a sweet emulator and certainly a cut above the rest of the NES emulators.

sck

• Archived User
Fceultra V6
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2003, 09:08:00 PM »

The original megaman games always had slowdown when lots of enemies were on the screen, is that when you notice the slowdown? I would believe that the slowdowns would still be present in an emulator as it truly emulates how the NES would handle it.

XPort

• Archived User
Fceultra V6
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2003, 09:21:00 PM »

I re-uploaded v6 w/o the FPS display.  You'll have to re-download

Terrorbyte

• Archived User
Fceultra V6
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2003, 08:53:00 PM »

sck:

Yeah, definitely remember the slowdown of the NES when too many sprites/moving objects were on the screen.  Great to see how precisely fce emulates the NES!  This definitely wasn't the issue here, however. The game (Megaman 3, specifically) would slow to the point where it was literally unplayable, also noticeable was constant flashing on the screen during the "slow-downs".

Seems to be FIXED in fce v6 though, I saved state at one of the slowdown points in Megaman 3 (when fightin' Dr. Wiley, for example) and did not notice this behavior with version 6.  Apparently that problem is gone.  

Also nice is to hear the "background" music coming through all 5 channels now in Dolby-D 5.1.  I guess some of the glitches may have already been fixed in version 5, as I never had that version, I went from v4 to v6.  Guess that's due to the quick releases over the past week, didn't even know about v5, found out about v6 today.  

Wish I had more time to get involved with writing console emulators, I ported a couple emu apps over to Mac OS X a few years back, mainly for my own use (Ti-8x series emulators, Atari, etc).  Never wrote any from scratch though.

Sweet work, XPort.  

This post has been edited by Terrorbyte: Jul 29 2003, 04:00 AM

Skates

• Archived User
Fceultra V6
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2003, 09:00:00 PM »

Damn SMB still does not work....I can't figure out what's wrong....

Can anyone help??

This post has been edited by Skates: Jul 29 2003, 04:03 AM
Pages: [1] 2