xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Attempted Update On Rgh Now Won't Boot  (Read 299 times)

imranh101

• Archived User
Attempted Update On Rgh Now Won't Boot
« on: October 02, 2013, 10:58:00 PM »

Here's the short of it.
I paid someone local $50 to RGH my 360. I'm not sure what chip he used, but if it helps at all, there is a blue light in my 360 on the chip (dont know if that's specific to one chip)

Anywho Terraria was telling me I need to update my 360 so I tried to, using xebuild. I used a dump from Xell and the CPU Key from xell and created an updflash.bin and attempted to flash. The 360 would then boot to normal dash without the drive plugged in, but would not boot to FSD on my HDD.
The guy who flashed my 360 for me emailed me a RAR file with the same updflash he used when hacking my 360, DVD key, a file named "JasperRGH2 9-18-2013.bin" which has the same file size as a regular nand but not sure what it is, among a few other files.
I tried flashing back to the updflash he sent me and it will not boot to FSD or normal dash, and now, even that NAND that I flashed that got me in to regular dashboard, will, if flashed, NOT get me to normal dashboard.

ALL THE NANDS THAT I HAVE FLASHED gave me an "error" when flashing that read
 "Bad block at 0xA"
"Could not recover block (AKA Really bad)"
But then it still went through with the flash and asked for reboot. Yes, I always unplugged 360 for 2 min after flash.

I have no disk drive in my 360 at all, please note. When I turn on my 360, the middle green light is constantly flashing (looking for disk drive) as it always has. If I try to connect a controller, it just flashes forever till battery is pulled. If I hit sync button on controller it does the spinning animation, then when I hit the sync button on 360 it stops the spinning animation as if it has connected, but it still just does the flashing 4 quadrants on the controller.

I can still boot in to Xell and as I said, I have the dump from Xell from BEFORE I did any flashing, along with a updflash.bin provided by the guy who RGH'd my 360, though it doesn't work "anymore", have CPU and DVD key in a text file in multiple places for safekeeping. Where do I go from here?

The 360 is a 16mb Jasper (Black Elite 360, originally had a Lite-ON drive) w/ 120gb HDD.

P.S. I'm pretty new to the whole 360 hacking thing so try to keep it simple and stupid for me, though I'm an extreme PC power user so I can do most of that stuff easily, it's just the 360 specific terms I'm not very familiar with.

Thanks for any help, hope I can get this figured out.

imranh101

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 02:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(imranh101 @ Oct 3 2013, 05:58 AM) View Post

Here's the short of it.
I paid someone local $50 to RGH my 360. I'm not sure what chip he used, but if it helps at all, there is a blue light in my 360 on the chip (dont know if that's specific to one chip)

Anywho Terraria was telling me I need to update my 360 so I tried to, using xebuild. I used a dump from Xell and the CPU Key from xell and created an updflash.bin and attempted to flash. The 360 would then boot to normal dash without the drive plugged in, but would not boot to FSD on my HDD.
The guy who flashed my 360 for me emailed me a RAR file with the same updflash he used when hacking my 360, DVD key, a file named "JasperRGH2 9-18-2013.bin" which has the same file size as a regular nand but not sure what it is, among a few other files.
I tried flashing back to the updflash he sent me and it will not boot to FSD or normal dash, and now, even that NAND that I flashed that got me in to regular dashboard, will, if flashed, NOT get me to normal dashboard.

ALL THE NANDS THAT I HAVE FLASHED gave me an "error" when flashing that read
 "Bad block at 0xA"
"Could not recover block (AKA Really bad)"
But then it still went through with the flash and asked for reboot. Yes, I always unplugged 360 for 2 min after flash.

I have no disk drive in my 360 at all, please note. When I turn on my 360, the middle green light is constantly flashing (looking for disk drive) as it always has. If I try to connect a controller, it just flashes forever till battery is pulled. If I hit sync button on controller it does the spinning animation, then when I hit the sync button on 360 it stops the spinning animation as if it has connected, but it still just does the flashing 4 quadrants on the controller.

I can still boot in to Xell and as I said, I have the dump from Xell from BEFORE I did any flashing, along with a updflash.bin provided by the guy who RGH'd my 360, though it doesn't work "anymore", have CPU and DVD key in a text file in multiple places for safekeeping. Where do I go from here?

The 360 is a 16mb Jasper (Black Elite 360, originally had a Lite-ON drive) w/ 120gb HDD.

P.S. I'm pretty new to the whole 360 hacking thing so try to keep it simple and stupid for me, though I'm an extreme PC power user so I can do most of that stuff easily, it's just the 360 specific terms I'm not very familiar with.

Thanks for any help, hope I can get this figured out.

Just realized I'm an idiot and posted in the wrong section, and I'm a bigger idiot for not being able to figure out how to edit or delete the post. Sorry mods, new thread was posted to correct section, please delete.

imranh101

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 04:34:00 PM »

Well, since I still can't seem to figure out how to edit a post, and the mod locked my other thread that was in the correct forum, rather than this one, here's another update.
I created a new updflash.bin using J-runner using files extracted from my own updflash.bin, then using a "Donor nand" for a jasper. I still got a bad block message from J-runner but it did say that it was able to remap them and the image completed successfully with no errors, and the log says that. On flashing the updflash it gave me, Xell told me that there was the same bad block but installed anyway. And still, I am unable to actually boot the 360, but I am able to get in to Xell.. Next step?