xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Idiots Guide To Making Metal Slug 3 Work  (Read 852 times)

Thraxen

• Archived User
Idiots Guide To Making Metal Slug 3 Work
« on: January 04, 2004, 11:51:00 AM »

ERROR: Can't Load 256-v2.bin (7e2a10bd).  Any ideas why? Can I sort it?

Just open the zip and check the file names.  Chances are the ROM files inside have the wrong names.  In this case, check to make sure your V roms actually have ".bin" file extension and not ".rom".  If they do have the ".rom" extension just rename them.  

tyler

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2004, 12:11:00 PM »

QUOTE (Thraxen @ Jan 4 2004, 09:51 PM)
ERROR: Can't Load 256-v2.bin (7e2a10bd).  Any ideas why? Can I sort it?

Just open the zip and check the file names.  Chances are the ROM files inside have the wrong names.  In this case, check to make sure your V roms actually have ".bin" file extension and not ".rom".  If they do have the ".rom" extension just rename them.

Thanks for the reply. They are all .rom. Should I just change extension or both name and extension?

ie. I have "ms3_v2.rom" Should it be ms3_v2.bin or 256_v2.bin

Likklebaer

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2004, 04:51:00 PM »

Double check the CRC numbers. It could be you just need an alternate v2 rom. None of the mslug3 zips that I originally downloaded were 100% compatible with Kawaks. I had to mix-and-match them to get a working set.

tyler

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2004, 04:14:00 AM »

QUOTE (Likklebaer @ Jan 5 2004, 02:51 AM)
Double check the CRC numbers. It could be you just need an alternate v2 rom. None of the mslug3 zips that I originally downloaded were 100% compatible with Kawaks. I had to mix-and-match them to get a working set.

How do I check CRC?

And are Donna Fears files sufficient? I'd have ms3n_p1, ms3n_p2 and ms3n_s1 spare. Do I just delete them?

rbmerc

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2004, 09:52:00 AM »

alright wel i have been trying this but every time i try loading the game into winkawaks it says "Couldn't find 000-lo.lo (e09e253c) for game , ERROR" ... and that is that... i have everything i need in there, the mslug3.zip is in the roms folder as well as neogeo.zip and i checked that enable save decrypted Cs after loading.. what am i doing wrong?!

-merc ph34r.gif

rbmerc

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2004, 11:23:00 AM »

ive been looking all over for this neogeo.zip.. what file should i be looking for or am i missing?  in the neogeo.zip that i have now there are 4 files named "NEO-GEO.rom , ng-lo.rom , ng-sfix.rom , ng-sm1.rom"  ...  What am I missing?  I have tried dling about 3 or 4 different Neo Geo files..

-merc ph34r.gif

NizZ8

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2004, 11:25:00 PM »

I'm confused.. I'm getting an error from Kawa-X that say's
-------------
Error Loading Game
ERROR: Can't load ms3n_c1.rom (3540398c)
--------

my mslug3nd.zip file looks like this (From following tut step by step):
user posted image

Adjusted NeoGeo.zip as per readme.txt:
user posted image

Loaded fine on my PC, but not on the xbox.. any ideas?

Prican24

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2004, 04:48:00 AM »

all that isn't needed for kawa-x's neogeo bios, read the readme or use romcenter with the kawa-x dat (and this is the easiest way if you already have both mlug3 and mslug3nd)
user posted image

DaBeast77

• Recovered User
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2004, 02:17:00 PM »

Are there any other games that can be played by doing this?

Prican24

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2004, 05:44:00 PM »

bngbeadn
ganryun
garoun
nitdn
preisl2n
sngoku3n
s1945pn
kof99nd
kof2knd
kof2k1nd
zupapan

DaBeast77

• Recovered User
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2004, 01:22:00 AM »

Thanks alot, i'll try them later.

RisingTakeo

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2004, 09:00:00 AM »

Does this work for the wind jammers rom? Cuz ' I have i have Kawa-X and Mame x and I can't  get it to work for either. Can somebody please help me out.

Prican24

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2004, 11:17:00 AM »

you proly have an updated version of windjammers rom that doen't work on old emus like fba-x, kawa-x, or mame-x/ox.

gogo made 2 versions of his latest fba-xxx; one for old sets and one for the new updated sets so i suggest you go to his site and grab the newset version

pike

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2003, 12:24:00 PM »

This guide ASSUMES that you wish to end up with a shrunken (by up to 50%) and DECRYPTED romset. The advantages of this are TONS of space saved and you won't have the problems other folk have suffered trying to get an encrypted rom set to work....

1. Obtain the rom named 'mslug3.zip' and the rom 'mslug3n'.zip

(The rom 'mslug3.zip' should contain the following files:-

'256-c1','256-c2', '256-c3', '256-c4', '256-c5', '256-c6', '256-c7', '256-c8', '256-m1', '256-p1', '256-p2', '256-sma', '256-v1', '256-v2', '256-v3', '256-v4'

The rom 'mslug3n.zip' should contain the following files:-

'256-ph1.rom', '256-ph2.rom')

Now lets be clear, it doesn't matter what the files 'mslug3.zip' or 'mslug3n.zip' are called or even if you have both. What IS ESSENTAIL is that you have all the EXACTLY NAMED FILES ABOVE

2. Ok, assuming you have all the required files (after you've checked)...

A) USING A PC, create a folder in the root of your hard drive called 'final'
B) Use winzip or similar to unzip your 'mslug3.zip' file. Once unzipped, copy THE BELOW LISTED FILES ONLY from the unzipped folder you've just created by unzipping 'mslug3.zip'

the files to copy are '256-v1', '256-v2', '256-v3', '256-v4', '256-m1', '256-sma',
and you want to copy them in the 'final' folder you created earlier...

c) Now, unzip the other file you started with (SHOULD be called 'mslug3n.zip' and that should give you the following files once it has been unzipped:- '256-ph1' and '256-ph2'

***********please bear in mind you may not have a zipped file 'mslug3n', it may be called something else, OR these 2 files MIGHT be in with all the others in your original 'mslug3.zip' file.***********

Either way, find and copy these 2 files ('256-ph1' and '256-ph2')into the 'final' folder. That should leave you with 8 files. If you haven't got them, then you're wasting your time going further, IMHO

D) Obtain a copy of the WINDOWS emulator 'winkawaks' (version 1.46), you can get it from here, or using any decent search engine:-

http://cps2shock.retrogames.com/download.html

E) Once you've downloaded it, install it on your PC in the usual fashion. Go to the folder where Kawaks installs itself and you should see a folder called 'roms' (if not, then create one). Put the first ORIGINAL ZIPPED FILE THAT YOU STARTED WITH (should be 'mslug3.zip' into the roms folder (MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST VERSION OF NEOGEO.ZIP in the roms folder as well) and start the emulator

F) Once the emu loads -  BUT BEFORE YOU ATTEMPT TO LOAD THE METAL SLUG ROM -  go to the 'tools' pull-down menu and select 'enable save decrypted c's after loading' and click on it so its ticked. Then go to 'file', then 'load game' and pick 'Metal Slug 3' from the list of games. I will say this ONLY ONCE, the game you want is 'Metal Slug 3', NOT 'Metal Slug 3 non encrypted p' and certainly NOT 'Metal Slug 3 non encrypted p, decrypted c', just plain old 'Metal Slug 3'.

G) Click 'ok' and the emu will APPEAR to freeze. DON'T PANIC. Look at the top left of the blue border of the window that the emu is running in and you'll see its decryping the roms. After about 30 seconds, the game will start running. Go to 'file' and select 'start/pause emulation'. Then select 'file' again and 'exit' to kill the emu

H) Now, go to the folder where kawaks was installed and you'll see the following files have been created:-

'ms3n_c1.rom', 'ms3n_c2.rom', 'ms3n_c3.rom', 'ms3n_c4.rom', 'ms3n_c5.rom', 'ms3n_c6.rom', 'ms3n_c7.rom', 'ms3n_c8.rom'

I) Copy these files to the 'final' folder, where you should end up with a total of 16 files, thus:-

'256-v1', '256-v2', '256-v3', '256-v4', '256-m1', '256-sma', '256-ph1' and '256-ph2', 'ms3n_c1.rom', 'ms3n_c2.rom', 'ms3n_c3.rom', 'ms3n_c4.rom', 'ms3n_c5.rom', 'ms3n_c6.rom', 'ms3n_c7.rom', 'ms3n_c8.rom'

J) Use winzip or your favourite program to zip up all these files to a file you MUST CALL 'mslug3nd.zip', and transfer that to the roms folder on your Xbox or run it from CD

ENJOY THE GAME!

This post has been edited by pike: Aug 5 2003, 04:19 PM

skabio

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2003, 12:49:00 PM »

QUOTE (pike @ Jul 28 2003, 09:17 PM)
Now lets be clear, it doesn't matter what the files 'mslug3.zip' or 'mslug3n.zip' are called or even if you have both. What IS ESSENTAIL is that you have all the EXACTLY NAMED FILES ABOVE

I have found this to be untrue.  kawa wouldnt recognize the mslug3 rom until I had both files in the roms folder.  Infact I found that to be true for every rom.  Unless it is named what is listed on the working games list kawa-x will not recognize it.  You can even trick it into starting a different game just by giving it a different roms name.   Oh well.
Pages: [1] 2 3