xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Disney Infinity Hack  (Read 185 times)

Devlin88

• Archived User
Disney Infinity Hack
« on: September 03, 2013, 09:40:00 PM »

First off, I am new here and apologize if this is in the wrong area.

Now as for my topic of discussion, it comes down to Disney Infinity and its use of NFC technology.

I have been experimenting with the figures, discs and playsets and have found it quite easy to duplicate the values of the items I have onto NFC stickers which are working in my friends game.

What I wanted to inquire is that would it be possible to extract the data from the game itself (not my strong suit), to find the internal database for what values equal what items?

eg: The Hex Code 81 2D 31 C2 96 33 04 for the Alice in Wonderland Skin Power Disc. I am certain there would be a database on the disc/in the game that lets it know what that Hex value is for.

So it stands to reason that if the data can be extracted, that the duplication could be possible for all the figures/power discs/play sets that are yet to be released.

Thoughts?

ti83programmer

• Archived User
Disney Infinity Hack
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 03:22:00 AM »

It's not that easy -- the figure data is encrypted with AES-128 using a key unique to that particular figure.

The file built into the game holding that database is also encrypted with AES-128 and various IVs to keep it confusing.

gamez21

• Archived User
Disney Infinity Hack
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 05:12:00 AM »

I've got the game and wanted to learn more about RFID technology.  What reader did you use an what type of tags are they?  I'm gusessing they are Mifare Plus because of the AES encryption.