xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Diy Corona V3/4/5 Post Out Fix  (Read 178 times)

Gazc0igne

• Archived User
Diy Corona V3/4/5 Post Out Fix
« on: August 10, 2013, 01:34:00 PM »

I got a customers slim 360 in for flashing, and when i cracked the console open i found that it was a corona v3 (16mb NAND and no post out traces) AARRGHHH!!!!

I did not have any TX postfix adaptors in, and was unable to find any in stock in europe that wouldnt cost me an arm and a leg with priority shipping (damn you ck3.co.uk!!)

i did a little reading about to see what other methods there were floating about, and seen a post on these forums from Zer0neX, below

Zer0neX Postout fix

but the thought of dremeling the CGPU filled me with dread!! too much chance of ripping the pads on the underside of the CGPU (with my luck!!) and also my CGPU was sitting quite flush with the mobo making it harder to see.

the customer was in a real rush for the console (groan!!) and was not willing to wait up to a week for the postfix QSB so i decided to grow a set of balls and try something........

after briding the required resistors for dumping and E F connections to CR rev C, i took a deep breath and began....

first i got very thin kynar wire, solid core, and stripped about 5mm off the end, and bent it at a 90 degree angle like so

(IMG:http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f288/gazcoigne/360/20130810_200746_zpsb06cafea.jpg)

i was able to run the wire along the BGA balls and feel each individual ball, so starting from the right side of the CGPU i counted along left until i reached the gap between the 3rd and 4th ball (4th =post out).

the wire can pass between the balls in the small gap, so i gently pushed it into the gap and applied small pressure from the right hand side, pressing the wire gently against the solder ball, and taped the wire down with electrical tape to hold it in place like so

(IMG:http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f288/gazcoigne/360/20130810_195818_zps64862a23.jpg)

MAKE SURE ONLY 1 TO 2MM OF WIRE SLIDES UNDER THE CGPU OR YOU MAY BRIDGE CONNECTIONS BETWEEN BALLS IN THE ROWS BEHIND!!

hooked up CR rev C as per the guides, and it glitched in 5 cycles.

BOOM!!

NOTE: this install was not a permanent RGH install, and i only glitched the console in order to get the DVD key and files necessary to build a LTU image for the dvd PCB.

I am a keen TX fan and would definately recommend the postfix adaptor for permanent RGH installs as it is extremely clean and easy to install.

i was just so delighted with my results that i thought id share it with the modding community.

so if your stuck, and have the balls GO FOR IT!!