xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Falcon W/ 1st Gen Matrix Chip Won't Boot Into Xell  (Read 185 times)

bullbaiter

• Archived User
Falcon W/ 1st Gen Matrix Chip Won't Boot Into Xell
« on: May 08, 2013, 07:59:00 AM »

Looks like this question has been asked multiple times...

Guess i kind of want your opinion on the soldering of the chip to make sure that looks ok...I've gone over it with a STRONG magnifying glass and it all looks good to me, but trust me.... i'm no professional...

Be kind.....

http://www.flickr.co...N08/8720558966/

There's pictures of every point in that album...some are a little blurry but it was the best i could do...

Here's some back story too...

Used a matrix nand programmer... read the nand ok on the first try...made like 10 readings and compared them all to make sure they were the same...

Took one and ran it thru j-runner, created the ECC file and tried to flash the nand... got errors about not being able to write to the nand... i must have unsoldered and resoldered 10 times and they ALL looked good... i also tried nandpro3 and it gave the same error...

Fiinally when i tried nandpro2 it flashed on the first try, i then took autogg and configured it to use nandpro2 and it flashed again with no errors on the first try.

That my friends is where i stand...and although i'm not an expert, this is the 4th 360 i've RGH'd and never ran into any kind of issue other then the poor timing and it taking a long time to glitch.

Thanks in advance...

bullbaiter

• Archived User
Falcon W/ 1st Gen Matrix Chip Won't Boot Into Xell
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 04:38:00 PM »

Feelin pretty stupid.

It was the CPU_RST wire.  Had it curled up under the board and it went over that area that can cause interference.

As soon as I did that, booted into Xell the first time.