xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Next Ui Update Planned : Fceultra  (Read 288 times)

ejx982

• Archived User
Next Ui Update Planned : Fceultra
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2003, 02:43:00 PM »

smile.gif

ejx982

koldfuzion

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2003, 03:36:00 PM »

I love that fact that all the emu's will soon be able to share the same skins.  Thats awesome.

For those of you skinning, or planning to.  
Upload your skins to AllXboxSkins.com.
There is a link in the left-side menu.  

Choose XPort Emulators when you get to the form.  

You can upload two images and the archive file.   jpgs, png, rar and zip are supported.  

If your skin is over 2mb, you might have problems uploading.  

In this case, upload a "dummy" archive file using the web form so you can enter the information you want, then, ftp the real archive to ftp://axsfiles:[email protected]    I will replace the dummy file before i post it.

Lets see what you got!   This will allow users access to the skins and allow xport to get them and choose a default.

irajames1176

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2003, 01:23:00 AM »

smile.gif

wongtong2g

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2003, 09:26:00 PM »

the ability to play duck hunt again will make me cry

also, anyone know where i can order a thrustmaster beretta 92fs

pelago

• Recovered User
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2003, 12:59:00 AM »

QUOTE (x999x @ Jul 11 2003, 08:27 AM)
Oh, and as a request on the UI, Replays. There are a lot of killer endings I'd like to be able to show off to my buddies again wink.gif I'm not talkin' video replays either, these are more similar to the replays in warcraft. They're tiny data files with game offsets over a timeline. It makes for easy sharing and bragging rights biggrin.gif

For replays of endings (where the CPU takes control) I would think save states could work quite well. This wouldn't work for replays of gameplay (where you are in control) though, which would be a cool addition. ZSNES for the PC has a 'recording' feature, which records controller commands (so the files are quite small). I've seen this used for people to show off Super Metroid speed runs and the like. I'm not quite sure how the recording copes with random enemy placement - maybe it records more than just controller commands and records a bit of internal RAM too.

XPort

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2003, 04:11:00 AM »

x999x - I don't really have any restrictions on the skins other than is must be NES-themed and not insanely oversized.  If your skin is many, many megs, (not including the background music MP3 file) it probably means that you are using BMP files for your backgrounds, etc.  Convert all BMPs to PNG32.  If it works fine in PCSXBox v4 (and you've tried playing a game while using your skin) then it will work fine in any upcoming release.  (By "works fine" I mean that you have not run out of memory from trying to load hundreds of sprite frames.)  Even if your skin is very, very large simply because it has lots of sprites or whatnot - if it still works and it looks really nice, it would still be a keeper.  

I'd also like to see more use of the features I've included in the skins.  Sprites are a must - I'm not going to even consider static backgrounds with nothing moving.  I myself did not use any "sprite effects" (see sprite configuration in skins) in the SOTN skin, but it would be nice to see that used as well.  ("Nice to see" means it's not even close to mandatory.)

Also - I like the notion of replays - I'll look into adding that.

anti-pop

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2003, 05:08:00 AM »

Xport, here's my request for your GUI:

You've already added mp3 support, but due to filesize, it's unlikely that people are going to add custom mp3 to the skin they are designing.

So it would be nice to have a .sid or .mod player (basically what lantus did on xSnes9x).

http://sourceforge.n...jects/sidplay2/

XPort

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2003, 05:33:00 AM »

You've already added mp3 support, but due to filesize, it's unlikely that people are going to add custom mp3 to the skin they are designing.

I disagree.  I've already received 2 skin submissions and they both have MP3 background music in them.  Considering that background music is a rather important part of a skin, I think it would be silly to assume that people will not include them.

Regardless of this, alternate background music formats are being considered.  

anti-pop

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2003, 08:28:00 AM »

Regardless of this, alternate background music formats are being considered.

Glad to hear that  wink.gif

XPort

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2003, 09:44:00 AM »

x999x -

1) Yes.  Horizontal text alignment - left/right/center, Veritcal text alignment top/bottom/center.  You can also specify the Max Text Width to ensure that the text does not print outside of the right side of the box.  You can also specify the max number of lines so that the text does not print outside of the bottom of the box.  You can also specify the font size and the line height.  For example, let's say you define the font size to be 16 and line height to be 16.  Your menu text would have no spaces in between lines of text.  If you specify font size of 16 and line height of 20, there will be 4 pixels of space in between each line of text.

2) Yes - screenshot position in the skin configuration section (somewhere)

3) The "side-game" is still 80% there, but there is no longer an option for having a character that you can control on screen.  The core was mainly intended for displaying sprites/frames/animation.  This, of course, is all customizable also.

Just go through all the options in the skin configuration menus and play around with them.  You could have answered nearly all of your questions by just looking.

edit - 4) No, animated GIFs are not supported.  Regardless of the kind of picture files you have, they must all have separate files for each frame.  ULead GIF Animator has some handy functions to automatically write every frame of an animated gif to PNG files.  I'd suggest using that or some other utility.

wongtong2g

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2003, 07:14:00 PM »

smile.gif

i personally cant wait for his update on gnuboy   biggrin.gif

debeautar

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2003, 08:10:00 PM »

All I've gotta say is... http://www.minibosses.com/songs.htm should be a prime source for mp3's for NES skins... I'd rather have this than any techno remix.

Whoever is doing a Mega Man skin... "word to your mother."

Debeautar

dmb062082

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2003, 10:01:00 PM »

QUOTE (XPort @ Jul 9 2003, 06:38 PM)
Accepting a skin from one person without even looking at the ones other people have made would not be fair to everyone else.  I'll select the best one from those that are submitted.  If the skins are relatively small enough, then perhaps I'll include more than one in the upcoming release.

good idea, im almost done....

wongtong2g

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2003, 09:53:00 AM »

beerchug.gif  i can honestly say you & lantus for the most part (& the others of course) converted me from a staunch ps2 fanboy  rotfl.gif  - and for that now i am really happy

RadiatedAnt

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2003, 12:10:00 PM »

beerchug.gif Im on the task Xport, The most time consuming part is the sprites wink.gif damn you sprites!!!! Not sure if I will make it mario them based or the whole cast and crew of nintendo chars
Pages: 1 [2] 3