xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Next Ui Update Planned : Fceultra  (Read 286 times)

XPort

• Archived User
Next Ui Update Planned : Fceultra
« on: July 09, 2003, 08:11:00 AM »

FCEUltra (NES emulator) is next in line for the UI update that was a part of PCSXBox v4.  I need a default skin for it before I can release it, so if someone is interested in doing so, let me know.  Skins made with PCSXBox v4 will be completely compatible with new upcoming, FCEUltra.

Additionally, since I'm updating it, if there are any new features you'd like to see in it, now's the time to ask.

Please read over the current feature list of PCSXBox v4 before making your request.  Everything that is a part of PCSXBox will be a part of the upcoming FCEUltra (save states, screenshots, graphics filters, autofire, etc, etc, etc)

kvajnto

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2003, 08:31:00 AM »

Could you make it crash more seldon? =) Not really sure if it's the emulator or some wrong doing by me, but it crashes really often. Haven't been able to pin point WHEN it happends (seems really random, and I have been trying A LOT!). Oh yeah, that line at the top of the screen where graphics "stick". Say, if you jump for the pole in mario, parts of him are stuck at the top of the screen. =)

I know this wasn't what you were asking for, sorry. =)

..and just so you know, this is (IMO) the best NES emulator for xbox. Thank you VERY much for it. It has made me and my sister very happy. =)

I'm going to sit down with the emulator and try to think of things to add to the gui.

Again, thank you so very much for this port!

ianmalcm

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2003, 08:38:00 AM »

gun support.

supposedly xSnes9x has gun support now. Would LOVE some duck hunt on FCE.

Might as well keep the default skin a common theme and use Castlevania 3 smile.gif

XPort

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2003, 09:01:00 AM »

re crashing - I've never had FCEUltra crash on me....not once.  So I really do not know how to address that request.

re sticking graphics line - I know what you're talking about, but I haven't been able to reproduce it in the new version, so maybe it's fixed on the emu core side.  

That reminds me - there are a *lot* of updates to the emu core since the last FCEUltra port.  Many mappers have been added and many mappers have been improved....and it was already extremely compatible to begin with.

dmb062082

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2003, 09:24:00 AM »

I can make a skin. Let me know if your interested ahead of time though. I dont want to waste my time if its not being used. You know where my talent level is at xport. Let me know.

Dahak

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2003, 09:41:00 AM »

QUOTE (ianmalcm @ Jul 9 2003, 05:38 PM)
gun support.

supposedly xSnes9x has gun support now. Would LOVE some duck hunt on FCE.

Gun support would be nice. Even virtual support of it via the analogue stick would be good if you didn't want to or have source code to go the lightgun route.

XPort

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2003, 09:45:00 AM »

Accepting a skin from one person without even looking at the ones other people have made would not be fair to everyone else.  I'll select the best one from those that are submitted.  If the skins are relatively small enough, then perhaps I'll include more than one in the upcoming release.  

ryan44934

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2003, 09:59:00 AM »

Well I have been told the way they got the dreamcast version looking so good, was by using the advanced mame filter. Im sure you're aware of this. But Id really like to see and emu on xbox look as good as the dreamcast one. Also lighgun support would be awsome. Im about to buy a lightgun. I just need to find one. (Anyone know of one under 30$ ?) Anyway thanks for everything xport.

--Ryan

frank black

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2003, 11:00:00 AM »

Sweet,  FCEUltra is my favorite emu!  But I really liked the black and white UI. :P

I really like the way xSnes9x is set up (using the right analog for the menu).

Other than that... and I know it sounds gay, but I've seen it on emulators for PC and Dreamcast.... I think it would be cool to have the snowfall animation in the background of the UI (like ZSNES and DreamSNES) It just gives me that warm fuzzy feeling, especially in the middle of summer :luv:

Thanks for the hard work Xport!
:beer:  

Dante_Ali

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2003, 11:00:00 AM »

QUOTE (ryan44934 @ Jul 9 2003, 06:52 PM)
Well I have been told the way they got the dreamcast version looking so good, was by using the advanced mame filter. Im sure you're aware of this. But Id really like to see and emu on xbox look as good as the dreamcast one. Also lighgun support would be awsome. Im about to buy a lightgun. I just need to find one. (Anyone know of one under 30$ ?) Anyway thanks for everything xport.

--Ryan

NesterDC didn't use AdvanceMAME as far as I recall - there was a bilinear filtering option that you could turn on or off, but there were no graphics blitters - just the plain unfiltered one.

wongtong2g

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2003, 10:58:00 AM »

yep - lightgun support all the way bro - would LOVE to play duckhunt again

.... pleeeaaasseee???  biggrin.gif

Roam

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2003, 11:41:00 AM »

How about the option to define the rom directory in case you want to share it with other Snes emus (assuming that option isn't already in there..)?

ejx982

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2003, 12:20:00 PM »

Xport:

I'm requesting:

A) Merge the new FCEU sources into the XBox Port.
cool.gif Lightgun support, prefferally lightgun emulation across an xbox's lightgun.  (ie, use an xbox lightgun to play NES Lightgun games)

C) If possible, a slightly 'tweaked' UI that allows you to set all the options with your ports thru the push of thumbstick or "back", instead of having all the options displayed on the screen.  I enjoy your clean look of your ports with all the roms loaded, then pressing another buttom to access the options menu... yeah so basically I'm asking all of the options in a seperate menu, along with a sub-menu for each game.

Thx for your time and work on all the ports you have done...

XPort

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2003, 12:47:00 PM »

Most of these recent requests are already implemented.  Please download PCSXBox v4 and you'll have a better idea of what the upcoming FCEUltra will be like.

Storum

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2003, 01:51:00 PM »

Thanks X-Port. This emulator too need support game genie, ok. laugh.gif
Pages: [1] 2 3