xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Will The Next Chihirox Replace Your Current Dash?  (Read 176 times)

dmb062082

• Archived User
Will The Next Chihirox Replace Your Current Dash?
« on: June 11, 2003, 03:56:00 PM »

EDITED... this thread is old, the posting is old, and the dashboard is old and sucks, if it was updated with current featuers most dashboards have and the ability to plug in xports current works I would be all for it. Someone here is a crack whore.

This post has been edited by dmb062082 on Oct 13 2004, 09:17 AM

ryan44934

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2003, 04:21:00 PM »

Wouldnt it be easy to use this dash along with your current one? Just add the xbe to a folder and execute it with boxplorer, untill everything for it is worked out? Thast what i plan on doing untill its 90% or so. Then may make it my main dash.

EDIT: Can you have more than one dash? I have not attempted this. Would it intefere with anything? Need to know before i put it on my hdd.

This post has been edited by ryan44934 on Jun 12 2003, 12:39 AM

dmb062082

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2003, 05:27:00 PM »

BUMP

Im not letting this die yet, i want to know what people think about chihirox. Ktnxbye.

flattspott

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2003, 05:36:00 PM »

I could care less about about the emu cause you always just browes to them in EvoX.

I just really like the whole presentation of Chihirox overall. Can't wait for the english version.

dmb062082

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2003, 05:43:00 PM »

QUOTE (flattspott @ Jun 12 2003, 01:33 AM)
I could care less about about the emu cause you always just browes to them in EvoX.

I could be wrong but i dont think you understand. The rom list are also built into the dash hence me calling it a front end. If you understood this just let me know. Not trying to sound like a prick i just want you to understand.

lantus

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2003, 05:46:00 PM »

QUOTE (dmb062082 @ Jun 12 2003, 12:40 AM)
QUOTE (flattspott @ Jun 12 2003, 01:33 AM)

I could be wrong but i dont think you understand. The rom list are also built into the dash hence me calling it a front end. If you understood this just let me know. Not trying to sound like a prick i just want you to understand.

sounds like a great idea - pity that the xbox only has 64Megs of RAM. Trying to squeeze all his emu's into a dash might be tricky

flattspott

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2003, 05:56:00 PM »

Damn typing skills of mine!

Anyways. I do understand man. My point was that I really like the look of this dashboard. Having the ability to launch an emulater right from within the dash is cool and all but like I said, even if this feature wasn't there you could still use emulators by browsing to them (from wherever you have thenm on your HD) This is just a really cool looking dashboard all around. The Emulator features are just an added bonus for me. Even if it didn't have the emulator part I'd still like this dashboard a lot.

c-2

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2003, 05:57:00 PM »

EDIT: Can you have more than one dash? I have not attempted this. Would it intefere with anything? Need to know before i put it on my hdd.

yes .. just add them same as everything else

dmb062082

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2003, 06:00:00 PM »

QUOTE (flattspott @ Jun 12 2003, 01:53 AM)
Damn typing skills of mine!

Anyways. I do understand man. My point was that I really like the look of this dashboard. Having the ability to launch an emulater right from within the dash is cool and all but like I said, even if this feature wasn't there you could still use emulators by browsing to them (from wherever you have thenm on your HD) This is just a really cool looking dashboard all around. The Emulator features are just an added bonus for me. Even if it didn't have the emulator part I'd still like this dashboard a lot.

Ahhh ok cool beans man I just didnt quite understand what you were trying to say by your 1st post.

Lantus-  its allready done bro! :) dosnt support mame or fba though and a few others that I like.

This post has been edited by dmb062082 on Jun 12 2003, 01:01 AM

flattspott

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2003, 06:13:00 PM »

My only negative idea about this dash is the emulator feature. As it is now, a few dont work yet. But this isn't my gripe with it. My problems is that I think it's gonna be a bit slow in the releases (new versions.) department. Because it's just one guy doing the programming.  And then newer version of say, the PSX emu comes out he'll have to change that in his dash. And then when he does that some other emu might not work probably. (like XBMP)

I'm not trying to dis this dash but it reminds of XBMP. Only difference XBMP have way more then just one developer behind it.

Hopefully this won't be too  much of an issue though. I could be just blowing smoke out my ass.

This post has been edited by flattspott on Jun 12 2003, 01:15 AM

dmb062082

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2003, 06:51:00 PM »

QUOTE (flattspott @ Jun 12 2003, 02:10 AM)
My only negative idea about this dash is the emulator feature. As it is now, a few dont work yet. But this isn't my gripe with it. My problems is that I think it's gonna be a bit slow in the releases (new versions.) department. Because it's just one guy doing the programming.  And then newer version of say, the PSX emu comes out he'll have to change that in his dash. And then when he does that some other emu might not work probably. (like XBMP)

I'm not trying to dis this dash but it reminds of XBMP. Only difference XBMP have way more then just one developer behind it.

Hopefully this won't be too  much of an issue though. I could be just blowing smoke out my ass.

In my honest opinion I think if Hikaru had a 3 or 4 man team behind chihirox we would allready be saying "evox? wtf is evox" just my opinion though. I have great hopes for this project and cant wait untill I get the sources if and when they ever get released.

Mars10

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2003, 07:22:00 PM »

it looks great and if it does what you say it will replace my dash  :D

flattspott

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2003, 08:05:00 PM »

as soon as it goes english it'll be replacing evox for me

TwisTz

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2003, 08:57:00 PM »

it won't be replacing ava  :lol:

I love my File Manager / IRC Client too much

dmb062082

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2003, 09:35:00 PM »

QUOTE (TwisTz @ Jun 12 2003, 04:54 AM)
it won't be replacing ava  :lol:

I love my File Manager / IRC Client too much

Cool features but I allways look for a clasy and professional look and feel. Mostly because there are allways 25 different people on my xbox. So I  like to show off heh heh. I could care less about telnet but the IRC client feature is rather cool mabey I will shoot Hikaru a email.

This post has been edited by dmb062082 on Jun 12 2003, 04:38 AM