xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Best Emulator GUI  (Read 311 times)

badmonkey

• Archived User
Best Emulator GUI
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2003, 12:40:00 PM »

Badmonkey - you're confusing XSNES9x with Hikaru's SNES port. In Hikaru's interface, you scroll to the top of the menu, to choose the option to go to the previous menu.

Ahhhh, OK makes sense then. Was really confusing me there how people could be voting for that one. Though it is decent looking, the function is definately flawed.

Xport's GUI is definately lacking in the visuals, but the function of it is incredibly sound. I also like the fact that it is uniform across all his ports.

This post has been edited by badmonkey on Jun 5 2003, 07:40 PM

frank88b

• Archived User
Best Emulator GUI
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2003, 03:19:00 PM »

More than anything I really dig the setup of menu's that Xenesis has, the more sensible options the better.  Though FBAx comes in a close second for it's simple yet terrific options.

And since when is there a pcsx v4?

Krazor

• Archived User
Best Emulator GUI
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2003, 04:01:00 PM »

I think the GBAx GUI should be on the list. I really like it, it has a nice and clean appearence.

Zero

• Archived User
Best Emulator GUI
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2003, 04:51:00 PM »

FBAx and Xsnes9x are my fav graphical interface but I like Xports keysetup for fast saving and options for games.

Clay_Trainor

• Archived User
Best Emulator GUI
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2003, 07:36:00 PM »

QUOTE (mr jones @ Jun 5 2003, 06:40 PM)
Clay Trainor - as for Hikaru's GUI, you can always change the color (or pretty much most of the design) of his interface in your favorite graphics editor.  Once I changed the color up a bit, I didn't have much of a problem with Nester's interface.

oh, sorry man, It must be my tv or something, but i didn't know you can change the color.

Sorry cool.gif

MethiusHasTheAIDSPassItOn

• Archived User
Best Emulator GUI
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2003, 10:13:00 PM »

QUOTE (gamemaster14 @ Jun 5 2003, 03:16 PM)
I say gui doesnt matter as long as the emulator works.

Sup Xport  :rolleyes:

dmb062082

• Archived User
Best Emulator GUI
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2003, 10:52:00 PM »

hrrrrrm.....  for starters its gotta be chichrox, it is infact a emulator as it has several built in, and its the closest looking thing we have to a profesinal gui, skin it your self and its even more amazing than before. i would have added xbmp but thats not a emu. close 2nd is all of hikarus other emulators, they are very profesional and hard to beat from that standpoint, and thats what i look for is a pro look and feel and he has it. a close 3rd would be xport and the psx port. He also did a good job.

full

• Archived User
Best Emulator GUI
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2003, 03:31:00 AM »

wink.gif then xenesis and FBAX =)

anti-pop

• Archived User
Best Emulator GUI
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2003, 05:13:00 AM »

xsnes, nice clean menus, perfect to use and mainly..it plays SID music!

I second that, xsnes gui all the way ! And sid playback is the icing on the cake. I'd like to see more chip/modules type of music on xbox.

Xenesis and FBAx also have *excellent* GUI.

I value gui very much, i know i won't be using a specific emulator much if the gui is poor (meaning not easy to use, not functional or not nice to look at).

Of course, i'm not saying i won't be using an emu at all if don't like the gui, just that gui take a  big part in enjoying/not enjoying emulation of a specific system.

That being said, you also got to give credits to coders who don't want to spend time on gui... as long as they deliver the goods we're happy smile.gif

TwisTz

• Archived User
Best Emulator GUI
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2003, 05:16:00 AM »

QUOTE (anti-pop @ Jun 6 2003, 02:13 PM)
xsnes, nice clean menus, perfect to use and mainly..it plays SID music!

I second that, xsnes gui all the way ! And sid playback is the icing on the cake. I'd like to see more chip/modules type of music on xbox.

Xenesis and FBAx also have *excellent* GUI.

I value gui very much, i know i won't be using a specific emulator much if the gui is poor (meaning not easy to use, not functional or not nice to look at).

Of course, i'm not saying i won't be using an emu at all if don't like the gui, just that gui take a  big part in enjoying/not enjoying emulation of a specific system.

That being said, you also got to give credits to coders who don't want to spend time on gui... as long as they deliver the goods we're happy smile.gif

I agree  biggrin.gif

The better the GUI, the better the emulator!

Pages: 1 [2]