xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: New Emulator On Xbox?  (Read 1172 times)

rooicity

• Archived User
New Emulator On Xbox?
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2003, 04:52:00 AM »

lumbrax,dankydoo,BenJeremy,and VIDEOGAMEBUYER14

you are xbox-gods if you can pull this off

razorrifh

• Archived User
New Emulator On Xbox?
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2003, 06:57:00 AM »

QUOTE (rooicity @ Mar 14 2003, 12:52 PM)
lumbrax,dankydoo,BenJeremy,and VIDEOGAMEBUYER14

you are xbox-gods if you can pull this off

i agree with rooicity.

and i bumped cuz i wanted this to get more attention, not cuz i wanna be a beta tester that bad, heh.

Clay_Trainor

• Archived User
New Emulator On Xbox?
« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2003, 08:13:00 PM »

wink.gif

Cheers pop.gif

LumbraX

• Archived User
New Emulator On Xbox?
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2003, 05:27:00 PM »

QUOTE (Clay_Trainor @ Mar 18 2003, 04:13 AM)
Yeah man, good luck with this emulator, i'm highly lookign forward to it.

Your next project should be  PJ64 wink.gif

Cheers pop.gif

lol We Wish. Not a OpenSource Emu though. :-(

Im sure DankyDoo is gonna be on a long vacation after this is done. Worried about Sound and Saving though.

RSDeathscythe

• Archived User
New Emulator On Xbox?
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2003, 06:48:00 PM »

is there a web site to see the progess

sith

• Archived User
New Emulator On Xbox?
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2003, 08:21:00 PM »

QUOTE (LumbraX @ Mar 20 2003, 02:27 AM)
QUOTE (Clay_Trainor @ Mar 18 2003, 04:13 AM)
Yeah man, good luck with this emulator, i'm highly lookign forward to it.

Your next project should be  PJ64 wink.gif

Cheers pop.gif

lol We Wish. Not a OpenSource Emu though. :-(

Im sure DankyDoo is gonna be on a long vacation after this is done. Worried about Sound and Saving though.

then how about mugen or deadlous??  j/k i only wish.. if u guys can manage psx that would be just fine for me!!

again good luck..

.sith.

Videogamebuyer14

• Archived User
New Emulator On Xbox?
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2003, 04:06:00 AM »

biggrin.gif

mr jones

• Archived User
New Emulator On Xbox?
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2003, 09:17:00 AM »

Its not necessarily a joke John, its just that it gets frustrating when you try to program something, and it doesn't work when you go to compile.   You then hafta debug, and go back and make changes, compile again, and something else might not work.  You might get your program to run just fine with the sound disabled, but when you DO enable it, it glitches, slows down, or crashes altogether.  Time to troubleshoot again.

When its just a hobby project, and you're not getting paid for it, and you have to put ALOT of hours into implementing then debuging, it can become tedious, and a hobby isn't supposed to become a chore.  It supposed to be challenging and fun.  That's why alot of these homebrew emulator projects end up getting half done, and never completed.

I wish the programmer luck, and I really do hope that he's able to complete it, because we benefit from his efforts, but I honestly don't pay much attention to this unless the team just comes through, and announces a beta release.  And since one of the team members said that there's only ONE programmer, that won't be for a while.

Good luck on your project guys!
mr jones

LumbraX

• Archived User
New Emulator On Xbox?
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2003, 01:29:00 PM »

QUOTE (mr jones @ Mar 21 2003, 05:17 PM)

I wish the programmer luck, and I really do hope that he's able to complete it, because we benefit from his efforts, but I honestly don't pay much attention to this unless the team just comes through, and announces a beta release.  And since one of the team members said that there's only ONE programmer, that won't be for a while.

Good luck on your project guys!
mr jones

2 Programmers actually. Only 1 main though. Dankydoo is the one coding it, BenJeremy is our (Backup/Spare) programmer mr jones. :-)

LumbraX

• Archived User
New Emulator On Xbox?
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2003, 02:01:00 PM »

QUOTE (caraeculo @ Mar 21 2003, 04:54 AM)
sad.gif
Hey !!! xboxdeveloper.net says that the psx emu project was cancelled, is that true? that you couldn't solve the sound and saves problems... Well, if that's true, i think that you could posted it here first and a bit earlier, not 2 weeks before the "release".

you said that "something"was going to be released, what´s up with that guys? Lots and I mean LOTS of people was interested in this emu (I'm from Venezuela) the psx emu was going to be like a "reborn" of the xbox scene, that's getting boring lately.

Not are emulator port. That emulator was ditched awhile ago, they just decided to announce it on the 16th. tongue.gif. Did you ever here of a KingJok or KingJoke or whatever on our Team???.   rolleyes.gif  rolleyes.gif

Does this make me a liar now, someone elses emulator got Canceled but nothing was released?!?

They cant complete a project (Thats not there fault im sure though), but they dont Release the Source Code. They said it had Loading issues which means it must of booted somethin.....? Right? I dont understand why a coder will do all that coding then put it in the Trash because of a few stupid issues. (Good Job For Trying Though).

LumbraX

• Archived User
New Emulator On Xbox?
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2003, 09:27:00 AM »

QUOTE (caraeculo @ Mar 22 2003, 07:27 AM)
Well, sorry about that guys, good luck with the emulator, and thanks for reply so soon.  beerchug.gif

Im sure it made your day huh? To find out that there still is hope? hehe.

mr jones

• Archived User
New Emulator On Xbox?
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2003, 11:41:00 AM »

2 Programmers actually. Only 1 main though. Dankydoo is the one coding it, BenJeremy is our (Backup/Spare) programmer mr jones. :-)

I stand corrected.  Thanks for the update, LumbraX.

Oh, I might as well ask while I'm here.  How many folks are working on the project?  Is it just Dankydoo (and BenJeremy) who is working on all programming aspects of the emu (core, graphics, sound, controls, and front end), or are there certain features that are being delegated to other team members?  What role do you play in the project?   Is this more or less a straight port of an existing PSX emulator on the PC, or has there been any features that are specific to the Xbox that have been added (or are being considered)?

Thanks again,
mr jones

LumbraX

• Archived User
New Emulator On Xbox?
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2003, 04:57:00 PM »

QUOTE (mr jones @ Mar 22 2003, 07:41 PM)

I stand corrected.  Thanks for the update, LumbraX.

Oh, I might as well ask while I'm here.  How many folks are working on the project?  Is it just Dankydoo (and BenJeremy) who is working on all programming aspects of the emu (core, graphics, sound, controls, and front end), or are there certain features that are being delegated to other team members?  What role do you play in the project?   Is this more or less a straight port of an existing PSX emulator on the PC, or has there been any features that are specific to the Xbox that have been added (or are being considered)?

Thanks again,
mr jones

Yes #1Dankydoo#1 and BenJeremy are the only coders as of now. Right now we just want to get a straight pc port over to Xbox, ISO9600 will be added to the code though. (Gonna have to go dig it from XBMP Source. hehehe). In the future there could be someone updating it but right now were just looking at gettin a PSX Game to run on Xbox, Full Speed or Not.  smile.gif

lucas

• Archived User
New Emulator On Xbox?
« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2003, 10:05:00 PM »

QUOTE (azninvasion @ Mar 26 2003, 02:45 PM)
bump... trying to keep this on top =)

why? think the programmers will code faster or something if you keep this at the top?

LumbraX

• Archived User
New Emulator On Xbox?
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2003, 03:09:00 PM »

smile.gif
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6