xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Mame-x Won't Load Any Rom...  (Read 234 times)

ocojaa

• Archived User
Mame-x Won't Load Any Rom...
« on: January 06, 2003, 05:20:00 PM »

I've tried about 20 roms, all of which worked on my brother's Xbox with no problems. I go in to MAME, choose the rom, and it tells me all the files (that are in the zip) are missing.  Obviously, they aren't.  I've checked over and over.  Any clues?

HeLiuM

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2003, 05:58:00 PM »

(try unzippin em)

ocojaa

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2003, 06:04:00 PM »

Doesn't MAME require that the roms be in a zip file?

mr jones

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2003, 07:14:00 PM »

You lost me here.

Are you saying that you tried the roms on another xbox running mame-x, and they worked, then tried them on your xbox, and they didn't?  I need a bit more information than this.  Do both Xboxes have the same version of mame-x?  What are the roms that you tried? Were the roms altered in anyway when you transferred them from one xbox to the other?

Peace,
mr jones

This post has been edited by mr jones: Jan 7 2003, 03:14 AM

ocojaa

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2003, 08:46:00 PM »

Okay...

I tried them on another Xbox, also a version 1, with the same Mame X, and the same rom files.  In fact, I simply copied his Mame-X folder, with roms, back to his PC, and burned them to a CD.  I then copied them over to my Xbox, and they don't work.

I tried unzipping the roms though, and now they work. So, it is an issue involving where the Xbox is temporarily unzipping the roms. Apparently wherever it is trying to put them does not exist?