xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Bought A Possible Jtag  (Read 84 times)

360fan123

• Archived User
Bought A Possible Jtag
« on: July 19, 2011, 05:22:00 AM »

QUOTE(LeXuZ @ Jul 19 2011, 11:07 AM) View Post

Hi everyone,

Today i bought an Xbox(Xenon) with the error code E79.
My plan was to try to make it run again.
After opening it i saw that there was some ex-soldering, so al the wires are gone.
After looking up these points i found out it are the Jtag soldering points.
So now I have a box with the E79 error i cant do anything with.

What should I do?

Trying to Jtag it again or are there other solutions?

dont you think you should fix the error before you think about jtagging  laugh.gif

Haygar

• Archived User
Bought A Possible Jtag
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 06:17:00 AM »

No, if it's been previously jtagged and the wiring has been removed but still has a hacked image flashed on XBR/freeboot, etc. it will need the wiring back in place for it to boot.

Not to say that it may be a RROD unit also after that but that's a different error.

LeXuZ

• Archived User
Bought A Possible Jtag
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 12:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(Haygar @ Jul 19 2011, 02:17 PM) View Post

No, if it's been previously jtagged and the wiring has been removed but still has a hacked image flashed on XBR/freeboot, etc. it will need the wiring back in place for it to boot.

Not to say that it may be a RROD unit also after that but that's a different error.

So the E79 is coming from the Jtag?
I tried all the other E79 "fixes".

kkdd

• Archived User
Bought A Possible Jtag
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 05:23:00 PM »

first make a backup of the nand. run it through 360 flash dump tool and you'll know if it's exploitable or xbr.
second do the wiring and see if it boots. if not, flash xellous to the nand and boot, you should at least get your cpu key, from where you can build a working freeboot.

edit: do the wiring first actually if that fails read the nand, but you should back it up regardless.

kkdd

• Archived User
Bought A Possible Jtag
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 05:51:00 AM »

QUOTE(Haygar @ Jul 21 2011, 12:40 PM) View Post

Yeah, even with just xell or xellous flashed on you will get E79 without the wiring in place. After that if you still have it like kkdd said, you will need to wire up an lpt array and dump the nand and check it over closely including the smc type configuration but you should be able to tell where the original jtag wires were.
Some consoles are stubborn E79 units even when everything has been done right but can come down to the type of diodes used or using the ROL for the TMS signal, etc. Go for aud_clamp in this case.

Since it's a xenon it's pretty safe to assume the standard wiring method was used. I have also had some stubborn xenons that would only work with a TX QSB and by changing the switch setting.
I would just buy a nand-x though, the LPT method is a pain in the rump.