xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: (nand Reading)can A Bad Block Cause A Differential Between Dumps  (Read 61 times)

lcarbutt

• Archived User
(nand Reading)can A Bad Block Cause A Differential Between Dumps
« on: December 02, 2010, 01:11:00 PM »

Hi there. I have been using a nand-X to read my 360's nand but I keep getting a differential. Im fairly certain it's not the soldering (for the record I did the pin header install) the difference is always small, I have read my nand 20 times, in TOTALCOMMADER it only shows 1-5 differences, some of them actually do match. When using nandcompare it's always the same block thats different, and it's a block that comes up as BAD when im reading it in nandpro. There is a second bad block as well but that does not seem to cause a differential.

Any advice would be very welcome thx.

onlyXMan

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 01:29:00 PM »

if you have physiacal bad block then dumps should be identical, then you have soldering problem

lcarbutt

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 03:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(onlyXMan @ Dec 2 2010, 10:29 PM) *

if you have physiacal bad block then dumps should be identical, then you have soldering problem

Well at first I installed with QSB. that had same error so I thought it was soldering. Thats when I removed the QSB and replaced with pin header. THE VERY SAME mis-matched block appeared, i resoldered the pins 3 times, the same mis-matched block appears. And it's always a block that appears as bad when I read it with Nandpro. If I re-map the bad block wont the mismatch become irrelevant?? Also i have managed to get 3 matching nands flashes, albiet from 20 dumps, the other dumps just had that one difference.