xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How Do I Install Freeboot/30ms Ping Patch?  (Read 28 times)

SHADOWSTRIKE1

• Archived User
How Do I Install Freeboot/30ms Ping Patch?
« on: September 06, 2010, 12:25:00 AM »

Alright, so I've got a few questions, and I'm hoping someone out there can help me out.

I'm on my second Jtagged system.  My first one, I flashed to XBR, and then used Flash360 to update to FreeBoot.  Soon after, I got the E79 error (trust me, I tried everything, nothing worked).  Could never fix it, so I just got a new box.  Jtagged this one, and it's been going great.  I talked with some people, and they said that in order to use FreeBoot, I have to have dual-nands.  Not sure what this is, but someone was throwing around some words saying I needed to have a Cygros chip or something, and that my normal Jtag mod wouldn't work.  Could that have been the problem?

Second, I need to install the 30ms ping check patch to play on Xlink, but all the tutorials I run into say that I need to be using FreeBoot to use Dashlauncher v1.0.  Is this true?  Do I need the FreeBoot dash with the 9199 kernel?  Would I not be able to use my XBR dash with the 89xx or whatever kernel?

syntaxerror329

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 01:00:00 AM »

Whoever told you that is out of date.

FreeBOOT can run now on any stock nand.
The console you got E79 what motherboard version is it?

If you use FreeBOOT Toolbox dashlaunch is built in as far as i know but i have not tried the ping patch yet.

I don't think XBR works with dashlaunch, regardless you really do want to be running FreeBOOT 9199 (aka freeBOOT-0.032) It appears support and updates for XBR are no longer happening.

You need to find freeBOOT_ToolBox24r3.exe to get started.

majoridiot

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 12:57:00 PM »

*** BACK UP YOUR CURRENT EXISTING NAND ***
(triple-check you have a valid dump)

1. get your original nand dump and cpu key

2. get the latest version of bestpig freeboot maker and dashlaunch 1.0

3. enter the cpu key, select the "updflash.bin" option and a custom save location (desktop always works well)

4. build freeboot... give it the info it needs when prompted.

5. when it's done, copy updflash.bin from wherever you had it saved to, and the dashlaunch package, to usb stick

6. put the stick in the xbox and boot into xellous, by turning the 360 on with the dvd eject button.  xellous will flash the update automatically.

7.  after flashing, remove the usb stick and reboot.

8. using xexmenu, navigate to the dashlaunch folder on your usb stick and run the flash app.

9. copy the 30ms ping patch to the root of your 360 hard drive

10. reboot the 360 and all should be well in the garden.  30ms ping patch runs automatically on boot.

you can now also install freestyle dash, if you want.