xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ms28 Flashing Help Jungleflasher1.17b  (Read 25 times)

SakuraKage

• Archived User
Ms28 Flashing Help Jungleflasher1.17b
« on: June 18, 2010, 05:09:00 PM »

( To forum mods if this doesn’t belong here I would appreciate it being move to the proper section and I apologize)
I am trying to flash a Toshiba-Samsung TS-H943 ms28
Things I have
   JungleFlasher 1.74b
   ix161-samsung.bin
   VIA VT6421 RAID Controller(drivers uninstalled after installation ie yellow ‘!’ on on the grey C- symbol in device manager)
   Jftut1.3.8.pdf(tut that takes you through step by step)

Here is pictures of all my connections from the 360 to the pc and VIA card.

(IMG:http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d76/NitroFrost/Sata_hookUp_p.jpg)
This Image shows the 360 SATA that is connected to the back of the drive and connected to the VIA chip. This also shows the VIA chip being connected to the motherboard using the SATA port on the back of the chip(closest to the front of the tower.)
Next picture shows the connection of the VIA chip to the motherboard again. VIA connected to port 0 on motherboard. (I have tried a variety of connections and this method gets my drive detected and key 97% of the time)
(IMG:http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d76/NitroFrost/internal_sata_p.jpg)

First method I use to flash the drive was the method that is used if the drive hasn’t been flashed and has the stock firmware on board. The drive hasn’t ever been flashed so I used this method first.
I start up JF after powering on the 360 which is connected to the VIA chip.
I procecced to the MTK tab and find my drive. VIA ports Only is checked. Using 0x8400. I then click on “Sammy Unlock”. I click Yes on the message. The drive goes through the Stages and then goes into vendor mode. I then proceed to click on read and the Reading bank 0:. Comes up and freezes.
This is where this method fails.
This screen shows the pictures of JF after hitting read.
(IMG:http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d76/NitroFrost/JFSammyunlock.jpg)
The key is being read and the drive is in vendor mode(flashing green light on 360) so I am not sure what else to do here.

This is the log.
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~
JungleFlasher 0.1.74 Beta (138)
Session Started Fri Jun 18 14:40:23 2010

This is a 32 bit process running on 2 x 32 bit CPUs
portio32.sys Driver Installed
portio32.sys Driver Started, thanks Schtrom !
Found 4 I/O Ports.
Drive type Un-determined
Found 0 Com Ports.
Found 4 windows drives A: C: H: I:
Found 2 CD/DVD drives H: I:

Drive is Samsung..
Key NOT in KeyDB
Key is: 00000000000000000000000000000000
Key has been tested and verified, thanks C4eva !

Sending Sammy_Un_Lock to Drive on port 0x8400
Stage 1, Complete!
Stage 2, Complete!
Stage 3, Complete!
Done!
Sending Vendor Intro
Requesting Device ID
Manufacturer ID: 0xBF
Device ID: 0xB6
Flash Name:  SST(SST39SF020)
Flash Size:  262144 bytes

Getting Status from port 0x8400
Parallel flash found with Status 0x70

Reading Bank0: .

I guide says if the drive has been flashed before do another method. So this is method 2 which I have completed .

The guide first says to put the drive in vendor mode by ejecting the drive and hitting the eject again to close and while its closing unplug the drives power wait for 2 secs and plug it back in. Drive should be half open with green light flashing meaning its in vendor mode. Picture below shows what I have
(IMG:http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d76/NitroFrost/Vendor_p.jpg)
I then proceed to hit the (intro / Device ID). And then it can’t send intro, so I am thinking that I can’t put it into vendor mode. Picture below shows what my JF looks like for this method.
(IMG:http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d76/NitroFrost/JFVendor.jpg)
Also this is the log.
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~
JungleFlasher 0.1.74 Beta (138)
Session Started Fri Jun 18 14:58:55 2010

This is a 32 bit process running on 2 x 32 bit CPUs
portio32.sys Driver Installed
portio32.sys Driver Started, thanks Schtrom !
Found 4 I/O Ports.
Found 0 Com Ports.
Found 4 windows drives A: C: H: I:
Found 2 CD/DVD drives H: I:

Getting Status from port 0x8400
Invalid Status 0x50
Drive is Samsung..
Key NOT in KeyDB
Key is: 00000000000000000000000000000000
Key has been tested and verified, thanks C4eva !
Sending Vendor Intro to port 0x8400
Status 0x51
Re-sending Vendor Intro:
.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Device Intro failed!

So I am stuck right now. I can’t seem to get this to work. I made sure the drivers are uninstalled and I have the right chipset and the motherboard has onboard SATA ports. I made sure the VIA chip is connected to the board and the SATA connected on the board is in the port closest to the front of the tower. I made sure everything is connected. I am unsure what I am doing wrong this is my first time flashing a drive. Also My drive now won't play 360 games will only play DVD's now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Sakurakage
Thank you for your time and effort.

This post has been edited by SakuraKage: Jun 19 2010, 12:17 AM

SakuraKage

• Archived User
Ms28 Flashing Help Jungleflasher1.17b
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 11:42:00 PM »

wouldn't let me edit but

I was hooking up the VIA card wrong and the 360. In the picture above you can see I had the 360 connected to the back of the VIA chip and the VIA chip connected to port 0 of my motherboard. Dummy me. It didn't need to be connected to the motherboard and the 360 needed to be connected to the port on the card that I was connected to the motherboard. Thanks for the help.