xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: A Few Jtag Usb Hdd Loading Questions  (Read 51 times)

...BeAkEr...

• Archived User
A Few Jtag Usb Hdd Loading Questions
« on: May 28, 2010, 07:29:00 PM »

Hi, I keep thinking that I have my head around this stuff and then I read information that contradicts what I already thought I knew. There is so much info out there about Jtag game loading but everyone seems to have a different method.  blink.gif

I'm running a Jasper Big Block (512) on Freeboot 0.32, Dash 9199, I have a 750GB 2.5" USB HDD

So onto my questions:

1/ Can I load games from the NXE dashboard (GOD or Demo, doesn't bother me) without the use of an Xbox 360 HDD (HDD1) or external MU? If so what method should I be using?
(I have ordered a 360 HDD casing, waiting on slow ass delivery from DX)

2/ What is the best method of reducing game size for the USB HDD? I am currently tinkering with the following method. Using XBC to extract folders from full .ISO image, then using Create ISO by Froggy to shrink it down to smaller size by removing unneeded crap. Now as far as I know that should leave me with an .ISO that will only be good for GOD right? Because at the moment my only way of playing backups without official memory of some type seems to be to run the XEXloader disc and then load an extracted folder (not ripped .ISO)

3/ If I use my Live 360's HDD on my Jtag and lets say install a loader to it then I'm guessing I will be on a real short trip to Bansville next time I use my Live HDD on XBL with my non-modded console right?

4/ I take it that USB profiles are not supported by Freeboot 0.32 on 9199? Because I sure as hell don't seem to be able to use them.  edit/ I fixed 4/ for myself, I put my Live HDD on the 360 and signed my profile in, it added extra info and now USB works...

Thanks for putting up with my incessant rambling people.