xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Movie Cataloging App  (Read 142 times)

laxcat

• Archived User
Movie Cataloging App
« on: October 18, 2004, 11:54:00 PM »

I have a pretty extensive dvd collection and use Movie Collector (from Collectorz.com) to catalog my movies. I then export my movie list to HTML and view it with linksboks  in my den where guests can see nice pretty lists of my movies with thumbnails and details pages.

The problem is its just in HTML and has all of its limitations. (The fact that linksboks doesn't support CSS doesn't help either.) It would be nice to have an xbox movie cataloging program that could sort by different columns, support different listing styles, maybe be able to browse easily with the remote. (It's kinda lame to have to use the controller analog sicks to navigate the HTML.) It could maybe even support entering titles but i would imagine most people would want it to read an XML file that could easily be exported from thier favorite PC movie cataloging program.

Does this sound like something anyone else would be interested in? I'm not really quaified to dev something like this, so i'm just throwing the idea out there.