xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Debug - Need Assistance  (Read 171 times)

Lazareth

• Archived User
Xbox Debug - Need Assistance
« on: October 07, 2004, 01:05:00 PM »

I just received my Xbox Dev kit from eBay(http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8133615765). Came with original boxes and everything, pretty sweet. I'd like to know how to install the Gueux Hack, so I can then play retail version of games. I'm guessing I would need to hook my Dev up to my comp..? Sorry, I'm new at this and I need to know how exactly to go about setting everything up. By the way, my comp is a Pentium 3, 550, and is pretty old. I'm not sure if that matters. If someone can tell me what cables I would need to connect my Xbox Debug into my computer, and then what I would do from there, I would GREATLY appreciate it. Also, will I have to keep my Debug kit hooked up to my computer to play retail games, or after installing the necessary files, can I just have it hooked up to my TV? And remember, I have no idea what I'm doing...Thank you.

-Laz

heinrich

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2004, 02:54:00 PM »

You really spent 630 bucks on a debug kit to play retail games?  You dont seem to have any idea on how to network 2 machines, let alone develop xbox applications..

There are several threads in this forum that explain how to use the geuex.net bios - yes, you need to network your xbox to your pc, the speed/age of your pc shouldnt matter.  You will also need to find the xbox sdk for pc in order to "interact" with the xbox at all.

After its all said and done, no, you wont need to have your xbox networked to your pc.

kl0wn

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2004, 02:59:00 PM »

Why would you spend $630 on something you don't know how to use?
Thats like $400 overpriced...

Lazareth

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2004, 11:55:00 PM »

I paid 630 because at the time I thought Debug kits were rare, that was before I came to this site. I mainly purchased it to have as a collectible item anyways, not just purely to play retail games. I thought it was fairly rare to have all the boxes though.

ryoaska

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2004, 03:36:00 PM »

is the debig kit different from the regular xdk?  Cuz from the pic in the link it looks like you're missing some apps in the launcher...  Either way, I have to agree, that was kind of a dumb move.  You don't even know what you're doing with the thing.  You could have spent that money on moding a normal box and come out with way better functionality for a way lower price.

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2004, 11:03:00 AM »

yeah sell it to me... I'll give you 300 and a regular modded xbox :)