xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Recover Lost Key  (Read 31 times)

thwack

• Archived User
Recover Lost Key
« on: March 17, 2010, 03:07:00 PM »

The Xtractor is just a way of retrieving the DVD key from the DVD drive - so no it won't get it from the mobo.

However, if you still have the 360 from 2 years ago, and it hasn't been updated to the 8XXX+ kernel, then you can JTAG it, and either using XBR's onboard Xell or just Xell/Xellous get the key from a NAND dump + CPU key (found in Xell).

proon

• Archived User
Recover Lost Key
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 05:48:00 AM »

Ty for ur answers, so if i dump the nand key then i use the key to create a orig.bin for my dvd?

thwack

• Archived User
Recover Lost Key
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 06:01:00 AM »

Not quite - dump NAND, get 3 good dumps (check using Degraded). JTAG the 360, flash XBR to 360 (this is assuming you want a JTAG'd 360), boot Xell (by booting 360 using eject button).. Write down CPU key. Open NAND dump in 360 Flash Tool, insert CPU key in keys section, and lo and behold, your DVD drive model and key will appear in the relevant boxes smile.gif

Bit of an abridged version there, but there's loads of tuts in the forums (and you're better off reading them, just to get your head round the JTAG hack).

jono2626

• Archived User
Recover Lost Key
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 05:01:00 AM »

QUOTE(proon @ Mar 26 2010, 12:10 AM) View Post

Ty, i've got some tuts and videos i'm goind to read/watch them.  smile.gif

I changed the drive on my 360 and threw out the old drive mad.gif now I have a replacement dvd drive but no key what do I do? Is there anyone that can pm and tell me where I can get this done on the Gold Coast?