xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Openxdk - Build Problem  (Read 198 times)

SpydaL

• Archived User
Openxdk - Build Problem
« on: August 08, 2004, 09:05:00 PM »

I opened the solution file, and hit build. I said 2 succeeded, 2 failed. wtf? Any idea why it failed? Help please :) Thanks in advance

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Openxdk - Build Problem
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2004, 09:23:00 PM »

Well, I would normally use my great powers of extra-sensory perception, in order to divine the answers required to determine the nature of your problem, but it seems as if my incredible mental powers have been exhausted by a weekend filled with strippers, jello wrestling, and pc upgrading (erm, don't ask), and I find it impossible to query your details over the vast distances and determine the exact nature of your problem.

I am sorry, perhaps when my powers have replenished I will be able to give you the answer to your dilemma.

...or you might try giving some real details. Perhaps the mortals here will also be able to help you, should you deem them worthy, as well, to examine your problem in detail, rather than those of us who are able to divine such things without proper information.  :unsure:

SpydaL

• Archived User
Openxdk - Build Problem
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2004, 09:41:00 PM »

I am sorry, I was in a hurry in my above post. Im getting this error - include\xlibc\math.h(90) : error C4980: '__value' : use of this keyword requires /clr:oldSyntax command line option

I have never seen this error before.  The error is happeneing in xlibc 398 times. Another error im getting is in xboxkrnl, it is - LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'odbc32.lib'  It only occurs once.

If you can help, thanks in advance.

This post has been edited by SpydaL on Aug 9 2004, 04:42 AM

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Openxdk - Build Problem
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2004, 09:49:00 PM »

Well, the mortals will require more information, yet.

I assume the OpenXDK is probably set up for Visual C++ 6.0, so you may need to set up some compatibility options in VS.NET compilers(What's at the line for the given error, for example)

Also, odbc32 is a Win32 lib, **NOT** an Xbox-compatible lib.

Exactly WHAT are you attempting to compile? Sounds like you are trying to compile a complex Windows app with it.

fghjj

• Archived User
Openxdk - Build Problem
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2004, 04:52:00 PM »

QUOTE (BenJeremy @ Aug 9 2004, 04:23 AM)
Well, I would normally use my great powers of extra-sensory perception, in order to divine the answers required to determine the nature of your problem, but it seems as if my incredible mental powers have been exhausted by a weekend filled with strippers, jello wrestling, and pc upgrading (erm, don't ask), and I find it impossible to query your details over the vast distances and determine the exact nature of your problem.

I am sorry, perhaps when my powers have replenished I will be able to give you the answer to your dilemma.

ROTFLOL :D :lol: I think I'm gonna copy&paste this a couple of times in the future on other BBS.