xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Virtual Xbox Cd Ripper Beta  (Read 1303 times)

anu|b|iss

• Archived User
Virtual Xbox Cd Ripper Beta
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2004, 11:19:00 PM »

wink.gif

anu|b|iss

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2004, 11:23:00 PM »

rip a cd from the xbox
then try again
it regenerates an st.db

timofren

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2004, 04:03:00 AM »

Great Work
But When i try to upload wma files it trys to convert them and  then gives me an error
keep up da good work

mlapaglia

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2004, 04:18:00 AM »

when i try to upload songs i can get like 4 or 5 done, but i have to upload them to a folder thats already there (aka a cd i ripped from xbox) and after that 4 or 5 it gives me an error saying something like "this is an error: might be beta version" and then freezes. cant wait to see this program to get good though, im gonna love it with me 1,504 songs i got on my computer lol

miguelfp1

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2004, 04:32:00 AM »

BlueCELL, the ST.db is really limited to 50000 songs (100 soundtracks and 500 songs per soundtrack). What really limits you is the size of the E partition. Great program BTW!!!

BlueCELL

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2004, 05:51:00 AM »

smile.gif. <<Thats what happends when you are grounded and cant do nothing.  Well anyway Im going to try to reply to all the posts here.

iamcheese
When you connect to your Xbox, hit the "Add" button on the top toolbar.  Then it will ask you for a SoundTrack Name (Make something up).  Once you entered that you should see it on the Top Left Box, click on it once!  Once you clicked on it you can upload songs and that error should happen anymore, sorry about these lill shits, I'll fix them today!

anu|b|iss,
At the moment the VXCR doesnt replace missing st.db files. But people do say if you delete it from the xbox, that the Xbox will then regenerate one, I havent tested this so I cant confirm this!

Also, if you have the Audio Exploit, I am not sure if this App will work, I doubt it thought, but if anyone finds out let me know!!!1

You also asked about Porting this to Mac.  I honestly never have worked/developed with Macs before.  But if there is someone out there that knows Mac programming I will be more than happy to supply that Programmer with instructions on creating a Port.  Anyway I might try to port this to Linux though.

sneakydave
This is Developed w/ Visual Basic 6 SP6.  But I guess you have it working smile.gif

mlapaglia,
I'll try to fix that.

Next Gate,
If you have SoundTracks on you Xbox it might be that causing the Problems.  But boot your Xbox in the orginal dashboard and remove those SoundTracks if you dont mind then see if it works.

EveryBody,
If you have a SoundTrack Called "BYW Shared", Do you have Xbox Music Mixer or whatever its called?  B/c a friend of mine had the same SoundTrack which he didnt create!

Hope I didnt miss anyone,  but thanks everyone for trying this Application and understanding its a BETA,  I'll try to fix all of these issues soon!

BlueCELL

PS Thanks for all the Support!

mlapaglia

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2004, 06:48:00 AM »

i would really like to help u make ur program better, im taking VB now in school idk how advanced i have to be but let me know

Rahszhul

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2004, 07:59:00 AM »

The "BYW Shared" soundtrack is from the game "Backyard Wrestling: Don't Try This at Home". It's created when you choose to copy any of the tracks from the game to the hdd.

And, I'm grabbing this app now. This is too good.

BlueCELL

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2004, 08:07:00 AM »

smile.gif

I'll keep yall updated.

BlueCELL

PS. I need someone w/ skills to make me a kickass website smile.gif smile.gif

Rahszhul

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2004, 09:08:00 AM »

At the moment the VXCR doesnt replace missing st.db files. But people do say if you delete it from the xbox, that the Xbox will then regenerate one, I havent tested this so I cant confirm this!

One of my xboxes had a similar problem. The st.db file was there, but the xbox was not recognizing it. There were several songs there too. I deleted the /TDATA/fffe0000/ folder, went into the MS Dashboard, ripped a song from a cd, and everything went well after that.

Also, found one issue which may be difficult to dance around. If you try to upload a song to the xbox while the UnleashX dashboard is playing from the xbox ripped items, VXCR will create the .wma, upload it, and then throw an error saying "ST.DB could not be uploaded"

I should've expected that, as UnleashX uses st.db while playing songs from the xbox.

Only way I can think to check for this, is to see if the st.db file is being accessed by anything else at the time. If it is, alert the user that while the dashboard or other app is using the st.db file, they may not be able to upload their songs properly to the xbox.

BlueCELL

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2004, 09:31:00 AM »

Hey,

Thanks for letting me know that theres a problem w/ it, I will find a way around it.

BlueCELL

Xustu

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2004, 09:37:00 AM »

I just have one question.  This converts mp3's to lossy wma's, right?

SamSam

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2004, 10:10:00 AM »

Bugs:
1-Run-ime error '339': Component 'MSWINSCK.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid
IF i move it it's doing this error the first 1,2 or 3 times I start the program and then it's start working fine()

2-I tried to upload a song to the byw soudtrack(bad idea) and it overwrite the first entry of the previous soundtrack(the song file was uploaded to the correct directory and the other that was overwrited in the db wasn't erase on the hard drive)
So you should disable uloading to that soundtrack

3-The remove button do nothing(Not implemented i guess)

4-If i push play or the button stop when a song is playing on the xbox(i had pushed play on a xbox selected song), the error(Run-time error '70': Permission denied) is showing
P.S. it's working fine if the song is on the computer, but the button play stop the song if it's already playing

Improvements:
A refresh after finishing uploading the songs would be nice.

Good points:
Uploading is working fine
search is working fine for me, but I have no idea what the button add is supposed to do
also everithing i said in my first post is still working on my new system

System:
Now i'm using a new system for the testing: amd 2800mhz with windows XP SP1 and the xbox is still the same(1.0) in the lastest evox

P.S. sorry if some letter are missing, I have some trouble typing correctly with my new keyboard

BlueCELL

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2004, 10:19:00 AM »

SamSam,

The OCX error that you are getting is only because I havent made a installation for this application, but try placing the OCX files in the Windows/System32/ folder then launching the application.

With the Overwriting of other Soundtracks, that is my fault there is a bug in the AddSong Function, sorry about this,  I'm only in High School, 10th Grade that is, so my math isnt the best, I'll fix ASAP.

And with the Refreshing after uploading songs, I've just added that today.

BlueCELL

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2004, 10:39:00 AM »

The app looks real good, but I cannot get it to transfer music.

I can get everything running; i'm able to ftp and look at both the xbox and pc music, but when i try to upload an mp3 song to the xbox it first converts it to wma and then supposably sends it to my xbox.  Problem is, sometimes the songs listing shows up in my xbox directory, and then the next sec it gone, and most of the time it doesn't show up at all.  Then when i go into the ms dashboard, the song is never there.

Also, when i try to upload a wma song to the xbox, the app just closes and nothing happens.

So what's up?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6