xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Avalaunch  (Read 1775 times)

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
Avalaunch
« Reply #90 on: April 23, 2003, 09:50:00 AM »

For those having problems FTP problems using FLASHFXP with the current release of AVALAUNCH..  grab LEECH FTP

It works great with AVALAUNCH.. limit the number of sessions to 2 (1 transfer) this way there is no corruption.

TJ and I noticed that the more threads added during transfers.. the worse the FTP corruption got.  The corruption.. was the file apparently transferring fine.. but not showing up on the PC.

Long File Names works well.. as I was able to transfer files named liked...

"Re Sega gen roms  REQ  doax nude patch & daphne full repost and Vanguard rom for colecovision a dinosaurs tale - a_dinosoaurs_tale.bin  (by [email protected]).txt"

to the XBOX via LEECH no problem!  Course.. characters that would trip up EVOX still trip up AVA!  Like the "+" character.. will cause AVA to lock up!

Until the new release.. Cykiller has suggested using the XRENAME tool... which helps..

Also note.. that DIR on the XBOX that had names with spaces like "RUN LIKE HELL" get renamed on the PC to RUN_LIKE_HELL... I reported this to TJ already.. so it should be an easy fix...

TEAM AVALAUNCH.. keep up the good work!

^Blazed^

• Archived User
Avalaunch
« Reply #91 on: April 23, 2003, 11:06:00 AM »

QUOTE (manekineko @ Apr 23 2003, 06:41 PM)
Any plans to add support for wierd filenames?  Similar again to what Win95 did for DOS.

Haven't tought about that - not a bad idea really.

We'll put it on the wanted features list.

- Avalaunch crew

^Blazed^

• Archived User
Avalaunch
« Reply #92 on: April 23, 2003, 11:09:00 AM »

smile.gif

Kudos to Kardigy for putting it up  cool.gif

Xbox Skins

- Avalaunch crew

SniperKilla

• Archived User
Avalaunch
« Reply #93 on: April 23, 2003, 12:55:00 PM »

ok its not my kb not working, its avalaunch not working wioth my kb, i just tried in linux and it works great, its detected as a Chicony USB Keyboard if that would help.

a weird thing is it dosent work in xpad either which supports a kb, i donno whats up, but it works flawless in linux

Crash N Burn

• Archived User
Avalaunch
« Reply #94 on: April 23, 2003, 06:45:00 PM »

wink.gif  Some emu's came up as unknown but other than that . It fuckin ROCKS !!!!!!

..................................................Crash N Burn

t_rex

• Archived User
Avalaunch
« Reply #95 on: April 24, 2003, 12:41:00 AM »

QUOTE (Kuis @ Apr 24 2003, 01:47 AM)
err... i dont see any "enter" option on the virtual keyboard on the irc chat function :/

I was in the Avalaunch IRC channel last night, me and alot of other people are reporting that the enter button (Y) for the virtual keyboard doesn't work sad.gif

They said they'll work on it smile.gif

the joker

• Archived User
Avalaunch
« Reply #96 on: April 24, 2003, 04:28:00 AM »

yea, there were a lot of minor details that has caught my attention thanks to people being reporting the bugs in a constructive and detailed manner.  Great work guys, and thanks for being patient.
The main errors like enter and settings will be taken care of right away, hopefully also the bugs in ftp, but that is a bit harder to locate due to too many unknown factors. I'll figure it out anyway tho =)   Also gonna take care of the special chars real soon.

sidenote :
Blaz has been working hard on the filemanager, and if you thought avalaunch looks good without - it'll blow you away when you see it, and Lys is working on a wicked skinning system that will please people that makes skins =)

Ava team

sk8dog

• Archived User
Avalaunch
« Reply #97 on: April 24, 2003, 08:18:00 AM »

will mouse support be implimented?  does the gamepad analog stick serve as a 'mouse' type cursor?  im sure these ideas hav at least come up if not already considered/implimented.   this is heading in the direction of never needing to leave the xbox again [note:  needing, not wanting.  of course u will want to leave it to play something on pc, but u wont NEED to leave!]

EDIT:  i really appologize if any of this has been answered/brought up. i seriously couldnt find it
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]