xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Com Port Problem  (Read 69 times)

20phileagles

• Archived User
Com Port Problem
« on: April 28, 2009, 05:58:00 PM »

I am using Jungle Flasher and a Lite On drive. I see the drive under drive properties but nothing is available under comport properties. I have installed PortIO32 succesfully and rebooted several times. This is really driving me nuts. I have done a few hitachi drives and a samsung but I cant get this one. PLEASE help

turny

• Archived User
Com Port Problem
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 06:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(20phileagles @ Apr 28 2009, 11:50 PM) *

I am using Jungle Flasher and a Lite On drive. I see the drive under drive properties but nothing is available under comport properties. I have installed PortIO32 succesfully and rebooted several times. This is really driving me nuts. I have done a few hitachi drives and a samsung but I cant get this one. PLEASE help
portio is nothing to do with com ports , what exactly are you hoping to see?portio is over sata ,if you are expecting to see something there, you must have a genuine serial port or a usb to serial adaptor/connection kit.And to read anything usefull a rs3232/232 to ttl adaptor.

20phileagles

• Archived User
Com Port Problem
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 06:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(turny @ Apr 29 2009, 12:22 AM) *

portio is nothing to do with com ports , what exactly are you hoping to see?portio is over sata ,if you are expecting to see something there, you must have a genuine serial port or a usb to serial adaptor/connection kit.And to read anything usefull a rs3232/232 to ttl adaptor.

On all the tuts I see, The DVDKey32 tab - Com Port properties - Status: Ready ( mine says Not available). If I use XtractorReader_V28, Im also able to see the drive but have problems with the comport not being found. I am using the VIA chipset SATA card and have tried every input on hte card. I was able to flash other drives fine thats why I think I'm just overlooking something simple. This is my first Liteon drive. Thanks

turny

• Archived User
Com Port Problem
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 07:29:00 AM »

QUOTE(20phileagles @ Apr 29 2009, 12:44 AM) *

On all the tuts I see, The DVDKey32 tab - Com Port properties - Status: Ready ( mine says Not available). If I use XtractorReader_V28, Im also able to see the drive but have problems with the comport not being found. I am using the VIA chipset SATA card and have tried every input on hte card. I was able to flash other drives fine thats why I think I'm just overlooking something simple. This is my first Liteon drive. Thanks
jungleflasher is looking for pc comport nothing to do with the drive ,you need to see if your comport is there and working ,there are two types , a real serial port a 9 way d type or  a virtual comport usb based,  jungle cant see either the real comport or the virtual comport,thats what you have to fix.

20phileagles

• Archived User
Com Port Problem
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 12:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(turny @ Apr 29 2009, 01:21 PM) *

jungleflasher is looking for pc comport nothing to do with the drive ,you need to see if your comport is there and working ,there are two types , a real serial port a 9 way d type or  a virtual comport usb based,  jungle cant see either the real comport or the virtual comport,thats what you have to fix.

Thank you for your help but I didn't have my USB drivers loaded and everything is good now

jorgem19

• Archived User
Com Port Problem
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 03:06:00 PM »

hey guys i have a problem with my phillis lite-on drive is no being detected can any body help me. i have the tekgem pci sata card, i install port 32 on vista, also i intall usb ck3 for vista. when i open jungle flasher it tell me no drive detected i have use every port in the pci card except idel port.my computer is an hp pavillion a6700z desktop. please help help help. i have been stock on this thing for 2 month

This post has been edited by jorgem19: Apr 29 2009, 10:07 PM