xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: 'Hello World' - First Public Homebrew Code Running via Hypervisor Expl  (Read 1659 times)

dre74

• Archived User
'Hello World' - First Public Homebrew Code Running via Hypervisor Expl
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2007, 12:57:00 AM »

Its a start even though everyone thats been using live can't do anything with it yet.

openxdkman

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2007, 01:12:00 AM »

What we need now, is a little homebrew loader code that takes data from ethernet link
(thus not requiring the serial link)

Fragreaver

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2007, 01:18:00 AM »

I really hate my kernel. Seriously! :/
Great work, indeed.

Tomobobo

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2007, 01:24:00 AM »

QUOTE(openxdkman @ Mar 2 2007, 09:12 AM) View Post

What we need now, is a little homebrew loader code that takes data from ethernet link
(thus not requiring the serial link)

That's an awesome idea man.

jcdenton2003

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2007, 01:49:00 AM »

i bet it wont be long until they manage some dash replacements. Im sure they will crack the new kernals soon enough.. The whole king kong method is only temp i hope lol.

cooljerk_dv

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2007, 02:05:00 AM »

QUOTE(Tomobobo @ Mar 2 2007, 08:35 AM) View Post

From what I've read on XBH, it seems you only use the serial port so as not to have to burn a new dvdr dl every time you'd like to test your homebrew.  I'm no coder, but from what I've read it looks as if you won't need the serial adapter very soon.  Once someone can find a way to install a dashboard, which from the looks of things is very possible, you'll only need to burn off your backup of King Kong with the dash installer on it, and then it's headfirst into homebrew fun.

I can only imagine what will come of homebrew on the xbox 360.  Perhaps finally a DC emu?  PS2 even?

For now, I guess, we leave it to the pro's to tinker and exploit their hearts out.

I'll be satisfied with flawless 64 emulation (AA/AF/HRTex), and of course XBMC360,  hope this is the start of something wonderful, at least it is something smile.gif

ConteZero76

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2007, 02:22:00 AM »

First step (that I'm sure someone is just doing it somewhere) is dumping the kernel, appling some "patch" and flashing it back.
If kernels aren't signed (and checked by the kickstart code, or signed in a not-so-hard way) it should work.

This post has been edited by ConteZero76: Mar 2 2007, 10:23 AM

kalle_19

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2007, 02:31:00 AM »

Now we 'just' need to make a loader that executes xex and then we have XBMC! tongue.gif

Sunsoar

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2007, 02:46:00 AM »

This is great news as I'm still running 4532 mainly cause I didn't like Xbox live slow here with 1.5/256
So I'm hoping to see good things down the track, will have to check out removing the resistor to stop the E Fuse from blowing.

openxdkman

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2007, 02:53:00 AM »

Maybe need to be precise with XBMC

there is the "full XBMC" (including ability to just copy a x86 compatible .dll to immediately obtain compatibility)

and the "patially ported XBMC" (where a small number of drivers, but probably H264 for sure, get rewritten for the new targetted platform)

If you love your XBMC because it can play a movie encoded with a format for which only exists x86 dlls which sources are kept secret or/and strong patent gets applied, then be sure you will be stuck to xbox1, and (eventually) pc0 (silent pc dedicated to home theater).

If you love your XBMC for open sources formats, ok, there is a chance on xbox360. But then it may not be called XBMC at all and it's possible that feature already exists.

kalle_19

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2007, 03:02:00 AM »

You don't think the 360 have power enough to drive those x86 codecs thru the emulator? I don't se a problem with porting neither, because xvid is open source and there are mp3 binarys for powerpc...

This post has been edited by kalle_19: Mar 2 2007, 11:08 AM

Ravo5002

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2007, 03:25:00 AM »

so all we need to do now is a simple modchip which connects directly to the serial port, executes some code automagically which will let code run from a other part of the cd and were done tongue.gif

-Rav

ConteZero76

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2007, 03:33:00 AM »

Some (obscure) codec will probably be impaired but the vast majority is already PPC compabile.
Mac formats are already there (duh) and DivX/XviD/h.264/Mpeg1-2 can be recompiled easily; there are no problems for container formats so we're almost there (probably we'll only lack VC1/wma/wmv... no big deal).
The real problem is that there's no XDK out there yet AFAIK.

This post has been edited by ConteZero76: Mar 2 2007, 11:34 AM

[email protected]

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2007, 03:30:00 AM »

Well if they can execute powerpc64-linux-gcc compiled code as of now, i think we are in for a treat smile.gif

Anyways, making a bootloader dvd and then connecting via network or a modchip sounds realy interesting, lets hope for a bright future. And even if the hack only works for older kernel versions as of now,,,,,the cat is out of the bag and like with psp, it will happen eventualy smile.gif

mksoftware

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2007, 03:35:00 AM »

QUOTE(Fragreaver @ Mar 2 2007, 09:18 AM) View Post

I really hate my kernel. Seriously! :/
Great work, indeed.

Same here m8te, my kernel sucks!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13