xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: 'Hello World' - First Public Homebrew Code Running via Hypervisor Expl  (Read 1658 times)

Perplexer

• Recovered User
'Hello World' - First Public Homebrew Code Running via Hypervisor Expl
« Reply #180 on: March 19, 2007, 04:29:00 PM »

I picked up a 360 running a early dash (2558?), removed R6T3, and burned the HD-DVD updater (to 4532).  I haven't updated; everything is set aside for the glorious day when someone smarter than I paves the way! beerchug.gif

torne

• Archived User
« Reply #181 on: March 21, 2007, 06:33:00 AM »

QUOTE(caster420 @ Mar 19 2007, 01:17 PM) View Post
This is partially true.  If you remove the resistor and upgrade to 4552,  you can't downgrade by corrupting the update in your flash.  You have to desolder your NAND before you upgrade, make a backup of your kernel, and then update.  Then, when you want to switch kernel versions, you must flash the older image back on the NAND.

Hm, really? Ah well. First I heard of it; the downgrading experiments discussed before worked fine by corrupting the update, but that was downgrading from an older version. Have you got a link to a discussion of this? Can't find it anywhere. I presume one of the updates since the previous experiments is a full reflash of the chip, then, rather than an incremental patch?

matyus

• Archived User
« Reply #182 on: June 10, 2007, 03:37:00 AM »

well a word of warning people
dont download the hd dvd update from XBINS cos i had a early kernal/dashboard
i used the disk from xbins and it bloody updated my 360 to 5759
im gutted i was looking forward to running the exploit! and even went and bought a new 360 so i could exploit it
so dont get the update from xbins
good luck hacking people!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]