xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How Do You Install Games Wine On Xebian?  (Read 82 times)

Takezo

• Archived User
How Do You Install Games Wine On Xebian?
« on: October 23, 2004, 02:59:00 AM »

This is what I did so far.  I booted xebian from boot disk, installed linux to my g: drive, and now can run it from evox.  I ran apt-get intstall wine,  it installed wine.  

now I need to create a config file, but I can't seem to find the source dir for wine.

I have visited Xebian and Wine HQ. Nither has clear instructions to do anything.

I had to decipher all instruction, and fill in blanks , and trial and error just to install Xbox Linux to the hard drive.  But when I finaly installed it, it is much easier than what it seems on the tutorial (even evox tutorials are like that)

The problem I have now is that I can't decypher any more of those Tutorials to get
Windows games running on Wine.

I was just wondering if they had a total n00b guide that not only thinks you are new to Xebian , but to linux as well.

this is my example of what I consider a simple guide.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My plain english tutorial to get Xebian on Evox

requirements:

an exploited or modded xbox with Evox as dashboard.  

Burn latest Xebian disto ISO from www.xbox-linux.org on a CD-RW or DVD (DVD - R, DVD - RW, DVD+RW.) in a burning rom like nero.  

boot xbox with the disk you just burned.  This will load a limited version of linux where you can install Xbox Linux on to the HDD.

At this point you should have seen the penguin and the loading process, if not power off xbox, wait at least 15 second and try again.

After loading process is done, it will load the desktop.

double click on the Icon that says Terminal, a command shell will come up.

before you do anything you must login as root.

type:

su (it will prompt you for the password.  The pasword is xebian.)

now that you are root,  type XBOXLinuxInstall , then press enter

a wizard like program will appear.  Select all the default setings if you just wanta quick setup.  If you need help to do a custom install, then go to www.xbox-linux.org "you just have to decypher those tutorials on your own  :P "

After it is done installing.  Turn off xbox, eject disk.  Boot in to evox, and use boxplorer to run the xbe in the E:\debian folder.  Or you can add this as an Item in evox.ini.  

Now you have a fully functional Debian linux running on your xbox.  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If only there were wine tutorials that are this simple to understand.

if I knew how to do it i would not mind writing a total noob tutorial for it, myself.