xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: * Xbox 360 Firmware Help Asap *  (Read 103 times)

skunk1111

• Archived User
* Xbox 360 Firmware Help Asap *
« on: June 14, 2006, 02:17:00 PM »

make sure all other drives are not connected(thats ide and sata type hard drives).try mtkflash r /m sata orig.bin.
ive hear this works unplug the sata 360 drive from pc end ,type mtkflash r /m sata orig.bin when the mtkflash boots off floppy quicky plug in the sata cable into the pc.

wa1tsey

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 02:35:00 PM »

It Sort of works smile.gif

It comes up with

Drive Scaned :
1 : IDE Sec Master
2 : VIA8237 Sec Master

I Chose 1, and it came up with the " Port 170: Master/Slave a0 " again i cnt type master or anything else :S
I re-did it and chose 2, same thing again

Help

skunk1111

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 04:52:00 PM »

have you unpluged you cd rom drives,if so do it agian and try this mtkflash r orig.bin,with plugged in sata cable from xbox drive ,if that doesnt work try aboe method with mtkflash r orig.bin

wa1tsey

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 08:25:00 AM »

I have unpluged the "Cd rom Drive"
When i type " mtkflash r/m orig.bin " its says drive not detected :S

Is there anything else i can do?

If anyone has done it could you add me on msn and take me through it? [email protected]
i really need help

Many Thanks
Waitsey

virus67

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 09:52:00 AM »

i think their talkign abuot your other cd rom drives which are already attached to your computer, not the xbox drive. the xbox drive should be only drive (other then harddrive) attached to yuor comp when ur doing this. Do you follow?

wa1tsey

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 10:03:00 AM »

yea i have unpluged the "cd rom in the pc" the xbox 360 drive is connected with the spare power plug so thats the only drive connected-
Then when i type the command "mtkflash r/m orig.bin" it then says drive not detected. Not sure why it saying this when the 360 drive is connected.

Also when it asks me "Sec Master And Sec Slave" i am instructed to select "Sec Master"  but i can not click or type anything, i am really confused.

Any sugestions?

wa1tsey

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2006, 11:13:00 AM »

Does this help at all?

IPB Image

Havok

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2006, 04:11:00 AM »

Are you using the MTKFlashvia.exe which is hex edited for your chipset?

cjwhitted313

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2006, 09:09:00 PM »

well i have a problem too if it can be awnsered it would rock i cannot sucessfully download WxRipper it  opens my file with the wrong thing and i donno what it should be opened with!!!! And i hear i need to download like .NET FrameWork 2.0 can i get a link to that PLZ!!! thanks

Jer4251

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2006, 12:03:00 AM »

Im having the exact same problem as Waitsey is.  if i umplug everything besides my 360 and my hdd both which are in the sata drives, i get a no drive found error, and when i went into my msinfo into the scis or whatever it was, there was no sata listed, only in the pci option did it list anything that resembeled the sata drives.  I went to hex edit my mtkflash but couldnt understand what needed to be changed.

neomod

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2006, 06:30:00 AM »

QUOTE(cjwhitted313 @ Jun 19 2006, 04:16 AM) View Post

well i have a problem too if it can be awnsered it would rock i cannot sucessfully download WxRipper it  opens my file with the wrong thing and i donno what it should be opened with!!!! And i hear i need to download like .NET FrameWork 2.0 can i get a link to that PLZ!!! thanks

This has nothing to do with this thread. Totaly off subject.

Don't hijack someone's thread with your own problems. Start your own thread for your own problem. (which you already did, I just got done reading it so I don't know why you're reposting your problem in other people's threads.)

BTW... If you don't realize that when you try to install .net framwork on your computer and it comes up asking you if you would like to repair or uninstall it that it means you already have it installed, or if you don't even know what .net is, maybe you shouldn't be attempting this.

Havok

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2006, 12:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(wa1tsey @ Jun 17 2006, 01:55 PM) View Post

No i am useing just the MTKFLASH.exe where do i get the hex edited version. Would that solve the "Drive not detected" problem?

Yes it does.  Search the forums for it.  I have posted in many times when a via chipset question comes up.

wa1tsey

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2006, 09:14:00 AM »

Cheers m8i, Got it sorted "At Last"

I Hexedited The "Mtkflash"
Used a diff command 2 flash it ( mtkflash r /sata /m orig.bin) That worked with np flashed and tested, All good.

Thanks to everyone who helped  smile.gif Topic closed lol