xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Bruteforce The Rsa Key: Seti@home-like  (Read 31 times)

No_Name

• Archived User
Bruteforce The Rsa Key: Seti@home-like
« on: April 28, 2006, 03:41:00 AM »

Ah.. 200 year on 1 PC I think you need to go back and read it again. Infact I think you need to read the top half of my sig.

Its pointless go and read some more it wont happen if it was going to be that easy why would banks, goverments and MS use a key of the type they do?

MacDennis

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 04:00:00 AM »

QUOTE(macomp @ Apr 28 2006, 11:54 AM) View Post

Distributed computing creates that supercomputer. With that supercomputer you can crack the rsa key in a very short time!
Incorrect.
Look ...

the key was designed with distrubuted computing, clustering, and supercomputers in mind, advancements incomputer technology were also factored in

we will NEVER crack the private key this way

macomp

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 04:12:00 AM »

QUOTE(MacDennis @ Apr 28 2006, 12:07 PM) View Post

Incorrect.
Look ...

Damn, that's too bad. Then we just have to wait until someone discovers a leak in the RSA algorithm tongue.gif.
There must be a quicker way than brute-forcing, but until there is no such way, we have to search for other possibilities.

No_Name

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 05:37:00 AM »

I did read your post.

I commented that 200 years for the current XBox 360 Key to be broken on one PC in 200 years was too far fetched to be true.

MacDennis is more than right.

Again think about what else I said, if you could brute force a goverment encryption key in 2 using a distributed attack goverments and banks would not use this form of encryption and nor word MSFT (I hate the childish filter this site forces on you when you type M i r o s o f t) so its a mute point

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 12:30:00 PM »

Think of it, if we do this with 1000 computers, it would't take 200 years, but 0,2 years.

mor eliek 200,000,000 years for one computer, or 200,000 years for 1000 computers tongue.gif

I hate the childish filter this site forces on you when you type M i r o s o f t

its not childish and theres a good reason for it, a quick search in the suggestions forum would have turned this up