xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: What About The Old Beta Kits?  (Read 152 times)

Anarchy99

• Archived User
What About The Old Beta Kits?
« on: December 01, 2005, 02:00:00 PM »

they might be a help all i know is i have an identical g5 to the alpha kits running the games at E3 and i would love a leak of there software i would dual boot for that

1st time modder

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2005, 07:22:00 PM »

Alpha Kits involve emulating the xbox 360's enviroment, so what about putting a retail 360 disc into the xdk seeing if it will boot.  I can't say for certain that it will work but i do know that if it does there is a real possibility that because of the xdk's networking capability (with streaming and such) to see the whole disc's contents and maybe copy to the PC which its networked too.  i would be willing to test it but i dont have a 360 nor beta/alpha kits.

atomiX

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2005, 06:48:00 AM »

Since the differences in hardware between the alpha G5s and the final hardware are very significant in nature, I highly doubt you can run retail code on those. First of all, MS prevents its DEV kits from even running retail code (at least for Xbox and probably is the same with the 360). Second, the retail games were most likely compiled using newer libraries designed with the final hardware in mind instead of the older libraries used with the beta kits. Case in point, it is safe to assume that you won't be able to do much with alpha and/or beta kits as far as software is concerned. Analysing the hardware might show us something but I'd go for final DEV and retail hardware instead.