xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Part Of The Motivation Behind This Is To Prevent People From Using The  (Read 173 times)

jamie123

• Archived User

this is kind of a two part question, i'm not sure if the first belongs in theis section or not, but 1. i thought with windows media center edition you can stream a plain old video file?

and 2. i knwo there's a question below me about "what's going on, how far have we gotten so far" but i want to knwo if any team or group has loaded anything unsigned on the xbox 360 yet? (or gotten close to) or are we not that far yet?

i'm just glad that the xbox has a strong scene, fuck what m$ says, i believe it all to be a scare tactic, because we have the strongest mod scene i have ever seen  pop.gif

acemilo

• Archived User
Part Of The Motivation Behind This Is To Prevent People From Using The
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 08:02:00 PM »

No one is remotely close to thinking about cracking it.  Expect it to take a looooooooooong time.  We have no understanding of how the hypervisor works nor any idea of what file system they are using.  This is going to take a very very long time.

jamie123

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 08:48:00 PM »

QUOTE(acemilo @ Nov 30 2005, 04:09 AM) View Post

No one is remotely close to thinking about cracking it.  Expect it to take a looooooooooong time.  We have no understanding of how the hypervisor works nor any idea of what file system they are using.  This is going to take a very very long time.

just a question, how long did xbox take before it was cracked? and what exactly is the hypervisor, i read something about it, but is it a program, or some type of hardware?

and mirx999, i've seen a few of the different console scenes,

Xombe

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 09:37:00 PM »

1) About six months if I recall.

2) Hypervisor info on the xbox-scene.com news page (forum link) and xboxhacker360.net/xboxhacker.net

But this forum is not the place for general questions like this.

Closed.