xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Modding Continues Without Bunnie  (Read 233 times)

kris5487

• Archived User
Modding Continues Without Bunnie
« on: November 27, 2005, 04:23:00 PM »

I agree and I thought he wasnt going to get involved with the 360 until I read the news. Anyways I think there is too many people waiting for him to do something and not enough people working on their own mods/research/hacking attempts/etc.

Honestly I am surprised, I thought everyone would be in a race to crack it first to earn their spot next to him.

BlueCELL

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2005, 05:11:00 PM »

Well I think alot of the smarter people dont have the 360 yet because of the "shortage".  I've been looking very  friday/monday but havent been able to find one.

So, just give it time and I'm sure some sort of contest or someshit will start.  (maybe x-s should start a money collection thing and whoever hacks it first gets all that money)

BlueCELL

fghjj

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2005, 07:37:00 PM »

His absence has been replaced with a multi-million $ market for modchips that can just buy the experts and advanced equipment to find holes in the Xbox360 security scheme. Only question is... are they investing money in the research or waiting to profit (leech) from another man's/company's findings.

I bet those ChipWorks reports don't sell for free either.

robbyuk

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005, 03:32:00 AM »

Thanks guys, but I’ll buy one when it actually becomes available on store shelves around here (which looks like around March timeframe–hopefully the PS3 will be out then, too, applying some price pressure to these overpriced morsels of technology).

However, if anyone has a *broken* Xbox360 that for some reason isn’t under warranty terms (beer spill, lost a game of tug-of-war with Fido), I’ll buy the console part for the Best Buy list price of a new Core system (whatever it is at the time).

So Anyone With a *Broken* Xbox 360 Contact him asap ...

zilli0n

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2005, 09:11:00 AM »

The kid from smashmyxbox.com should become a hero and send the destroyed xbox to him...

kevhonda

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2005, 12:18:00 PM »

What you say above is true modding should go on and should not hault based on one person.  With that said from what I can tell Bunnie isnt like that he doesnt want people to wait on him to figure out a hack for the 360.  Given his rep. he probably will be involved in one way or another, hell the guy isnt even asking for handouts.  Most people, if they had a large amount to do with hacking the first xbox they would expect...EXPECT xboxs to be pouring in by the truck loads.  Dont look to what he might or might not do for the new 360 community look to what he did do for the original xbox community.

Good luck and happy hacking......someone get bunnie a broken 360 damn he at least deserves that lol

puckSR

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2005, 10:33:00 AM »

Decker87, not to be mean...but your going to be a freshman EE

Bunnie was a grad student....and he was focusing on reverse engineering, and he had a background in CS.
There are lots of EE/CS grad students, but until you begin taking classes on processor architecture and similiar classes in your junior/senior year...you probably will have a hard time grasping the subject matter.

..not to be mean, im sure you are a bright kid..