xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox360 As A Media Player  (Read 163 times)

maccon

• Archived User
Xbox360 As A Media Player
« on: March 08, 2010, 11:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(towncarblue @ Mar 6 2010, 11:50 PM) View Post

i recently bought a wdtv HD so that i could play my 1080p mkv video  files [mostly DTS audio] and i bought a seagate 1T free agent to store the videos.
i was dissapointed with the video quality of the wdtv .

i decided to use my xbox as a media player .
i figured out i had to convert my external hdd to a HFS+ in order to store large files and have the xbox360 recognize it

im looking for a one step way to convert my mkv files and not lose any video quality.

im not even sure if what im doing is correct , post info help

Try iSharesoft MKV Converter to convert your original file to H.264/AVC for playback on your xbox360, that is a easy way can play your files without losing any quality.

augustsalbert

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 07:01:00 AM »

I do use mine as a DVD player, but not particularly often.They did break the DVD player code a few builds back. You might try getting an older t3ch build, around June or so, I know it was working back then. I wish they'd stabilize again, they've been unstable only for quite a while now.

ozzhead

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 02:54:00 PM »

You can do this two ways that i know of,

easiest to stream from your pc with MCE "windows 7" and leave the untouched mkv

Or convert them all to wmv-HD..i use Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate but it takes like 6hr to convert a mkv. even with a quad core and 8gigs.

crazyshiza

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 03:29:00 PM »

Takes me 35mins to convert 60 mins of mkv on my quad core with VideoEncoder which is free. http://videoencoder.codeplex.com/

However, you need to have Microsoft Expression Encoder installed. It keeps 5.1 intact.