xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Divx On Banned Xbox360  (Read 93 times)

jsappiak

• Archived User
Divx On Banned Xbox360
« on: January 22, 2010, 05:00:00 AM »

My xbox360 just got banned, and it does not have the optional media update.  I would like to figure out a way to get that.  I already dumped my nand and uncrippled my hard drive.  Is there a way to edit the nand to enable the optional media update.  I have tried tversity to stream the divx videos, but for some reason it still constantly says you must download this update even though I enabled the force always encode.  I would prefer to not have to encode.  Is there a way to accomplish this?

Antman1

• Archived User
Divx On Banned Xbox360
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 05:38:00 AM »

unfortunately it is not possible because the Optional Media update is signed to your console and gamertag.  you cant download it officially from M$ so it cant sign to your console.  Your machine would have to be signed into Live to get it and that isn't possible on a banned 360.  If you were running a homebrew 360 you could accomplish this but you cant load XBR your 360 cause it has the 8955 update on it and the bootloader is gone.  best bet is to trade your 360 with someone that has a 360 with an older dash under the 7371 kernel and Jtag it and load XBR.  Then you can run anything on it.

This post has been edited by Antman1: Jan 22 2010, 01:38 PM

xlinkx

• Archived User
Divx On Banned Xbox360
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 05:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(jsappiak @ Jan 22 2010, 02:00 PM) View Post

My xbox360 just got banned, and it does not have the optional media update.  I would like to figure out a way to get that.  I already dumped my nand and uncrippled my hard drive.  Is there a way to edit the nand to enable the optional media update.  I have tried tversity to stream the divx videos, but for some reason it still constantly says you must download this update even though I enabled the force always encode.  I would prefer to not have to encode.  Is there a way to accomplish this?

tversity should work without the media update.  You need to install the codec on your pc though.  You can also try ps3 media server.