xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Playing Xvid/divx On Xbox360?  (Read 103 times)

metaphaze

• Archived User
Playing Xvid/divx On Xbox360?
« on: December 24, 2009, 10:21:00 PM »

Howdy,

I have a first gen Xbox360 with DVD firmware mod. I wanted to play Xvid/Divx movies like the 360 claims it can do.

I burned the movies to a DVD, and the 360 reads the disc fine. It sees the files, however it says I need to update my Xbox.

I have never hooked up my Xbox to Live, and have only gotten updates via games. The last game update was done with NHL 10.

I don't want to hook my 360 up to live, so I was going to download the update to enable Xvid playback. I went on Xbox's website and found an OS update for Fall of 2009 ($SystemUpdate_Fall09_8955.zip).

Will this enable Xvid playback?

Will this make my backups unplayable? (since it is modded?)

Antman1

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 10:42:00 PM »

the update it wants is for divx playback.  not the console update.  it will require you to be connected to Live to download it.  however.  you probably can JTag hack your 360 if it is exploitable then use XBreboot and you could run the divx update.

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 11:48:00 PM »

Read the pinned FAQ at the top of this forum (also linked in my sig), but what antman said is correct. That update will not allow divx playback, but it will render your console un-exploitable.

metaphaze

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2009, 10:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(nevernow @ Dec 25 2009, 09:14 AM) View Post

In other words, if you want to keep all your doors open, do not apply that update, which wouldn't help in what you're currently looking for. Find the specific Media (codec) update and only apply that.

Ok I won't apply that update. However I think it is already installed on my 360 via NHL10.

I no longer have the original dashboard on my 360. I have some goofy ass thing on here that makes it look like Nintendo Wii.

I suppose that is that NXE thing you guys have been talking about, which renders my 360 unexploitable?

QUOTE(StrictPuppet @ Dec 25 2009, 12:48 AM) View Post

Read the pinned FAQ at the top of this forum (also linked in my sig), but what antman said is correct. That update will not allow divx playback, but it will render your console un-exploitable.

I did read your FAQ, and it answered a lot of my questions.

However do 360 games contain these updates that render your 360 unexploitable?

jimmy123

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 06:20:00 PM »

here.