xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox And Media Center Use Causing My Computer To Crash  (Read 159 times)

faceless041974

• Archived User
Xbox And Media Center Use Causing My Computer To Crash
« on: December 06, 2009, 11:37:00 AM »

For a long time everything was fine.  Then recently I noticed that I couldnt access Media Center through my XBox.  So I unistalled it and tried reinstalling it.  When I did this itll go through all the steps but when it gets to the connecting to extender part I get a blue screen crash on my PC.  The weird thing is I can access my videos and music off my PC if I dont use Media Center.  This only happens when I try and use Media Center.  In an un-XBox related issue but I think still pertains to the problem.  I have a movie database program that catalogs all my DVDs and then I can view them through Media Center.  This functionality no longer works as well.  This leads me to believe that something in Media Center is corrupt.  Any ideas how to fix this?

under420dog

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 11:01:00 PM »

corrupt in the pc mc ain't going to blue screen ya...it will just crash the program  you might have a bad memory stick and when it fills that location it will bluescreen...as you know it's not 360 related because you can't uninstall mc from 360

anyways run mem86 from a 3.5 drive or a usb and see what happens...
something is overheating ...cpu,video or a bad section in the memory.....
how do you have the 360 hooked to the pc....is it through a router or through the pc with a crossover cable...

what are you running for the pc setup?

faceless041974

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 03:28:00 PM »

The pc isnt even a year old so I doubt its a memory problem but Ill look at that.  The XBox is hooked via a wired router.  Im not sure what youre talking about when you ask what Im running for the PC setup.  Im using Media Center through my PC to set up the extender ie XBox.  Just went to the mem86 website I cant use it as my computer has 7gb of memory.

This post has been edited by faceless041974: Dec 10 2009, 11:30 PM

faceless041974

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 07:15:00 PM »

This is the error message I get

System Service Exception

If this is the first time youve seen this stop error screen restart your computer. If this screen appears againfollow these steps.

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you may need.

If problems continue disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components restart your computer press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options and then select Safe Mode.

Technical Information

***Stop:0x0000003B(0x00000000C0000005,0xFFFA600620DCED, 0xFFFFFA6009B6CB10,0x0000000000000000)

***atinavrr.sys-addressFFFFFA600620DCED base at FFFFFA6006200000,Datestamp 4a25e5fe

Collecting data for crash dump
Initializing disk for crash dump
Beginning dump of physical memory
Dumping Physical Memory to disk 100
Physical memory dump complete